Sign in to follow this  
mbscjohnp

Voices Runtime Error

New install on replaced HD.  

Read Ron's reply to earlier post and re-downloaded and installed both Make Runways and FSUIPC and re-registered the latter. 

Parked my aircraft and selected RC and selected a prior flight and configured it in the RC screen and started RC.  RC's ATC window opened and I clicked "Requested" my clearance.  Nothing happens, for probable reason that there is no connection to Controller voices, due to Runtime Error 75 "Radar Contact.rcv4Module.Pilot_ack" when attempted to select of change Pilot, Co-Pilot, Controller voices.   

Then attempting to run Rebuild Scenery Database, it caused a Runtime Error 75 after copying the location of FSX from the Windows Explorer window and pasting it in the RC window for location of FSX (I even typed it in).

I am running RC as an administrator and rcv4.exe is an "exception" file in AVG. 

What did I mess up?  I have keyboard.dat and rcv3.dat in a folder on my desktop. John

I trust the rcv3.dat and keyboard.dat files on your desktop are backups and you have the originals still in your rcv4 or rcv4x folder.  Are you running RC as an admin?. Error 75 means the path is incorrect or file not accessible.

voice wav files are  in winwood folders under your rcv4 folder. In the rcv4 folder there is a script folder under that. It has two folders in it, one for controllers and one for pilots. RC for voices points to the wav files via the script files using the voices of your choosing.

Ron:  I got tired of messing with it and reinstalled with a new key.  I followed all the processes.  Everything worked fine using the Load Previous rcd's button.

I created a new flight plan in FSX, parked an aircraft at the airport, started RC and attempted to load the new flight plan and got a runtime 62 error:  Get Departure Information.  Where is RC looking for departure info?

I get the same error if I attempt to load any prior flight plan (that opens with the "previous rcd's button") and get the runtime 62 error and RC closes.  I ran another Make Runways in FSX and ran Rebuild DB Scenery in RC with no joy.

I copied out the new installed rcv3.dat and keyboard.dat onto my desktop, of course leaving the originals in rcv4x.

Since runtime 62 requires a reinstall, how to reinstall without a new key again?

If you reinstall in the same place and the drive has not been formatted nor a Win change your current key should be the same.

Ron:  Somehow the data files in RC got screwed up.  I copied the f4, etc files out of my desktop rc4x data folder and pasted them into the rc4x data folder on the laptop.  Everything works fine again without a reinstall.  I wonder if running the runways caused the error?  John

Ron:  Somehow the data files in RC got screwed up.  I copied the f4, etc files out of my desktop rc4x data folder and pasted them into the rc4x data folder on the laptop.  Everything works fine again without a reinstall.  I wonder if running the runways caused the error?  John

The f4.csv file in rcv4/data outof the box is not updated by makerwys.exe. There is an f4.csv file produced by makerwys.exe in the fs folder. This file contains comm data extracted from your scenery and while not supported can replace the original installed f4.csv at your option. An example would be an new airport scenery that was not in the original FS9 default. You could then copy a line from the fs folder into rc's  supplied f4.csv or optionally the entire new f4.csv file substituting for the original f4.csv.

Ron:  OK, I had originally copied my desktop's RC f4.csv file and pasted it into my laptop's RC data folder and everything worked again, but I noted errors in the coms for KSFO.  So I copied the laptop's FSX f4.csv file into my laptop's RC data folder.  It works fine, but I am now getting the wrong com for CLDL at KSFO published as 118.20, but showing up as 118.05, I opened the f4.csv file in both RC and FSX and note that they both list the incorrect 118.05.

Soooo, I with ADE, I checked that both the ade file and the bgl file for KSFO listed the only com for CLDL as the correct 118.20, with no mention of any 118.05.  I checked the runways.txt file in FSX for KSFO and found the correct 118.20.  So I ran makerunways again, with no change in the FSX f4.csv file.

RC is running fine now with the copied FSX f4.csv file containing the incorrect 118.05 com and I have no clue as to how to correct the CLDL frequency in either the FSX or RC f4.csv file which open with my Excel, and I understand that csv files are a different kind of animal, so I have not attempted to make any changes.

I still don't know from where RC gets its f4.cvs data, so that I can find out how to inform RC of the correct com.  John

If there are multiple tower or CLDL frequencies on the first in order are imported into the f4.csv created by makerwys. Make sure there is not a higher priority scenery supplying the frequency.

You can edit the f4.csv file carefully using notepad or wordpad. Use the open-with function with a right click. In Win 7 it is different - forgot at the moment. All of the spaces or lack thereof must be preserved exactly. Make sure if you just copied a line that there is only one for that ICAO and it is in alphabetical order.

In runways.txt be sure it points to the correct scenery and the last section for KSFO is the highest priority. Maybe you have a competing afcad type file taking priority.

Layout of the derived f4.csv is in the makerys read me file.

You can change the frequency in the RC controller tab but that will only last for that session.

KSFO,San Francisco Intl,118.85,118.20,121.80,120.50,122.95,0,120.35,120.90 is the default KSFO in the makerwys extracted f4.csv. In the rcv4x\data folder if you are not using the extracted one just change 118.05 to 118.20 if present. Be sure there are no multiple KSFO entries.

The order is:

KSFM,Sanford Regl,0,126.05,0,0,122.80,122.80,119.75,119.75
KSFO,San Francisco Intl,118.85,118.20,121.80,120.50,122.95,0,120.35,120.90
KSFQ,Suffolk Executive,0,0,0,0,122.70,122.70,127.90,127.90

in the default FSX.

Ron:  Gotcha!  After reading your post, I checked the FSX runways file and noted that DreamTeam and FlightBeam had entries.  I had prior FSX registered ADE corrected and compiled airports that I had unregistered when DreamTeam and FlightBeam registered theirs. I had to create new flight plans regarding their airports to select parking spots currently in use for my flight plans and, with ADE and compiling, to designate as reserved those parking spots for my A320, so that they would remain vacant of AI.  In all of that mix, something went wrong.

After saving a copy of the current RC f4.csv to my laptop desktop,  I check AirNav rearding my in-use airports for current in-use coms.  In Jon's ADE, I brought each current com to priority, moving a non-used com currently in priority to underneath the corrected priority. I compiled each airport.  I opened RC's current f4.csv in Notepad and (carefully - without adding/deleting any spaces between commas) corrected any listed currently not-in-use coms and selected Saved As "all files" and pointed to and selected the current RC f4.csv and saved.  RC now reflects all currently in-use coms for these airports on selecting their saved flight plan.  I re-saved each flight plan to obtain a new rcd and rc4 file,  My A320's show up in their designated parking spots and RC works just fine.  Thanks again for all you folks do.  John