Sign in to follow this  
braudoux

Saitek throttle quadrant lever cannot be set

Hi Guys

I am facing an identified but rarely resolved issue with my Saitek Quadrant: the engine throttle 1 cannot be set properly...

I have visited many forums and could fine similar problem experienced by other :simfans". I have therefore applied the differents actions suggested such as:

• verified the possibility of having multiple assignments for the same control: no duplicate
  • calibrated the throttles through Windows, taking care of the dead zones: nothing unusual, no dead zone set
  • calibrated the same through FSX: no issue
  • applied the method "macwino" described in a post on SimFlight forum (topic 73846) consisting in deleting folders in Windows Registry...no impact
  • Then applid the method "Tutdoc" from the same post... unsuccessful!

What happens: while moving slightly the 2 throttles of my Saitek quadrant, the engine throttle 1 on FSX pedestal (VC) jumps forward at mid course (Image 1)

Then from the position reached on the pedestal, any movement forward of the quadrant throttle doesn't have any effect until the quadrant throttle reaches the medium position, At this moment the throttle of the VC pedestal jumps to full poser (Image 2)

The image 3 shows the situation after I have aligned the 3 quadrant throttles to the throttle #1, in reference to the VC throttles.

I don't know if I have fully investigated... I am suspecting a hardware problem, but I would like to have your feeling and expect that someone could help me.

Thanks in advance

Bruno

NOTE: I cannot upload images... the dialog box to load the URL gets stuck :fool: I will upload them later if I understand how to proceed :Hmmmph:

Windows 7-64 / 16Mb RAM / I7 3770 / SSD256 + 2To HDD / GTX660 / NVidia Surround over 3X29inch

FSX SP2, FSUIPC registered, Captain Sim B707 and C130 airplanes (4-engine)

SAITEK- Yoke ProFlight System, additional Throttle Quadrant, Rudder pedals, Multi Panel

P3D V4.5 on SSD512 - W10.64
All add-ons on HDD 2To
Intel Core I9+9900K, RAM32Gb, NVidia RTX2080TI, Surround 3 x 27inc, VR Pimax5K+
Saitex X55, Saitek Yoke Pro + Throttle quadrant, Multi panel, Saitek Rudder pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x2

If the registry fix doesn't work then I would suspect a worn potentiometer.  These quadrants are prone to wear.  The fix shown isn't easy, but worth a try if you have a nimble fingers.  I gave up on mine and bought a new one.  I would be very wary of buying any second-hand quadrant for this reason.

Phil

I gave up on mine and bought a new one

Thanks Phil... I will try your fix, should my fingers allow :Tounge:

Once this done, and if unsuccessful, I will also buy another quadrant... What did you buy ? I am considering the GoFlight GF-TQ6 :hi:

I'll post here the result of my trial

Bruno

All add-ons on HDD 2To
Saitex X55, Saitek Yoke Pro + Throttle quadrant, Multi panel, Saitek Rudder pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x2

braudoux

I just bought a new Saitek quadrant; they are not cheap but also not too expensive compared with the alternatives such as the goflight example.  We 'get what we pay for' I suppose, but a pity that these things are so subject to wear.

Good luck with your endeavours.

Phil

My fingers did their best, I can guarantee... I have respected the explanations given in the video, going slowly and surely, no issue while proceeding and at the end.........

no change, exactly the same behavior of my throttle 1... :Shame On You:

I give up =@ and will try to keep using as it until I receive my new throttle that I will order in the coming days.

Thanks again Phil for your help!

All add-ons on HDD 2To