Sign in to follow this  
chintzo

Double quadrant setup

Hi fellow jetstreamers.

I would like to share with you my double throttle quadrant setup and would be interested in reading how everyone else uses theirs.

Before I begin I must state that I only fly the jetstream and I don't have a registered version of fsuipc, so this setup won't be for everyone. If anyone has an improved setup using the registered fsuipc I would be interested, as I understand you can program it for multi aircraft and this would be a great upgrade for me.

First my equipment.

Saitek yolk and quad, 2nd quad and pedals. For some reason the yolk quad axis are labelled left to right Z, X and Y. Where as the 2nd stand alone quad is X, Y and Z. I'm not sure why the 2 quads are different but it all works fine.

The first quad is used for the parking brake and throttles.

The Z axis is no longer used, it was pitch trim but the autopilot was forever being disengaged. The reverse button (21) is set to parking brake on release, programmed in fsx.

X and Y axis are programmed as throttles 1 and 2 set in fsx.

The SST saitek software is used for reverse thrust. Programing XR and YR as F2. Buttons T3 and T5  are programmed to E1 and E2 respectively. Buttons T4 and T6 are both programmed to E. This allows me to shut individual engines down by selecting engine 1 or 2 before engaging reverse. Then pressing all engines to reset.

The 2nd quad is for propeller and flaps.

X and Y are prop 1 and 2 set in fsx.

Z is flaps set in fsx with reverse axis box ticked.

The reverse buttons on the axis are not used.

The remaining 6 buttons are set in fsx as panels 1-5 and 6 as atc window.

So that's my double quad setup, please share your ideas as it would be interesting to see how everyone else does it.

Happy simming.

Long live the jetstream

Roy.

What levers do you use to control the mixture? It seems like those were not assigned, secondly I highly recommend FSUIPC, there is an option FSUIPC that will eliminate your AP problem with trim set to an axis. There is a check box that says ignore trim axis when AP enaged and that would be useful to you. 

Secondly in FSUIPC you can assign LUA scripts for reverse thrust, I did for my two Saiteks (Standalone both USB). Now when the button is activated when I pull the thrust lever into reverse it applies full reverse to that specific engine, and the beauty of the lau script, is when taking it out of reverse when the button is released FSUIPC essentially does this:

(Engine1, When button released, press F3, F3, F3, until throttle reaches idle, once idle break operation.) Something like that don't quote me on the code, but it is so nice to have a nice gradual reduction of reverse to idle. In the 737 / 777 it is marvelous. Great setup though, it does sound handy in the Jetstream.  

What levers do you use to control the mixture? It seems like those were not assigned, secondly I highly recommend FSUIPC, there is an option FSUIPC that will eliminate your AP problem with trim set to an axis. There is a check box that says ignore trim axis when AP enaged and that would be useful to you. 

There is no mixture control on the jetstream which is why I left it out, but for other aircraft I understand what you're saying. I may well go for the full fsuipc, depends if I'm brave enough to step into all of that Programing.

Thanks for your ideas Angelo.