Sign in to follow this  
xjimix

Rotary switches on HOTAS X55?

Anyone had any similar issues? LINDA doesn't recognize the rotary switches on my throttle. Out of 5 rotary switches it recognizes only 1 of them (the silver one on the left side of the throttle). The Windows game controller calibration recognizes them as axis (and FSUIPC too). So would I be able to assign a control in LINDA to one of these rotary switches?

Anyone had any similar issues? LINDA doesn't recognize the rotary switches on my throttle. Out of 5 rotary switches it recognizes only 1 of them (the silver one on the left side of the throttle). The Windows game controller calibration recognizes them as axis (and FSUIPC too). So would I be able to assign a control in LINDA to one of these rotary switches?

LINDA does not handle axis. These have to be set up in FSUIPC4.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I use preset module for LINDA and in LINDA there is ton of options for the button assignment (like increasing and decreasing pitch wheel) but most of these can't be found inside FSUIPC. Is there a way to somehow "import" these functions into FSUIPC?

Can't help you with your rotary switches, but...

ELEV_TRIP_DN is a standard FS control - 65607.

ELEV_TRIM_UP is also standard - 65615.

If you have a spare button or two, those can be easily assigned using FSUIPC - the drop-down menu in FSX. You can easily generate the option of using such trim with virtually *any* plane, or keep it plane-specific with "profile" choices.

I'm hoping to learn more about LINDA because I'm struggling to learn more about Lua. LINDA is to Lua what Visual Basic for Excel is to Excel. Excel is pretty powerful, but the statements can get huge and complicated. With VBA (Visual Basic for Excel), you can embed programming statements in your spreadsheet. That's kind of the way I see LINDA. You get the advantage of "programming" without having to learn the language! Of course, I may be all wet too!

Good luck.

Art - N4PJ

Leesburg, FL

Functions and controls for your 2 examples are already available in LINDA. You can assign to a button either a FSX Control or a default function:

For the FSX control, click on a button in Joysticks and select the Set FSX Control. Then type in the control name or number, pick the correct one and click OK. Then Save the setup.

For the default function, again click on a button and now select the LIB: Default FSX and select the required function from the extensive list. Click OK and then Save.

LUA is an easy interpreted programming language. LINDA exploits LUA but having someone else do most of the hard work for available aircraft (see Downloads). However, users can write their own functions as they wish.

Again, please post your question under LINDA Support subform so that I can spot them.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew