Sign in to follow this  
wingred1

Pmdg 737

After loading a PMDG 737 aircraft I activate the MCE.. it seems to work fine with initial anouncements and then the start window comes up and I am able to start a check list.. However up in the top left hand corner in red I see the following

Mce is currently looking a changes in the aircraft please wait. After patiently waiting for a extended amount of time I began to think that the program was freezing up  but when I called for a checklist co pilot responded immediately.. the screen is locked so I can't change views or access menu line of FSX. MCE works fine with generic aircraft or default aircraft.. It  brings up the check list for the PMDG so it knows that its the aircraft.. so what are the changes that it cant seem to fine?

Can anyone help me with this as I sure prefer the Pmdg 737 instead of the generic

After loading a PMDG 737 aircraft I activate the MCE.. it seems to work fine with initial anouncements and then the start window comes up and I am able to start a check list.. However up in the top left hand corner in red I see the following

Mce is currently looking a changes in the aircraft please wait. After patiently waiting for a extended amount of time I began to think that the program was freezing up  but when I called for a checklist co pilot responded immediately.. the screen is locked so I can't change views or access menu line of FSX. MCE works fine with generic aircraft or default aircraft.. It  brings up the check list for the PMDG so it knows that its the aircraft.. so what are the changes that it cant seem to fine?

Can anyone help me with this as I sure prefer the Pmdg 737 instead of the generic

This behaviour is typical of incomplete installation.

In order to preserve precious VAS and FS resources, MCE is designed to run as an external process to FSX/P3D.

It does install outside the simulator folder. However, a few dlls need to be put in <MCE dlls> folder in \Flight sim folder\MCE dlls\

No FSX or P3D files are modified, not even "aircraft.cfg" or "Panel.cfg" files.

When the sim loads, it is expected to load our fsInsider.dll which will give FO situation awareness, then depending on detected aircraft, fsInsider.dll will load one of the 35+ dlls in \MCE dlls\ folder so that it can interact wit the complex aircraft. In NGX case, it has to load "mcpmd73X.dll"

To make a long story short, suggest you un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel, then go back to downloaded unzipped file and run "InstallMCE" instead of "xPack.msi" (more tempting because the file is much bigger).

If Windows UAC is enabled, and we don't recommend you disable it, you MUST

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - Set "fsx.exe" and/or "Prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator.

Go to simulator installation folder and check you have <MCE dll> folder inside it. If for some reason it has not been automatically copied, you can manually copy and paste it from downloaded unzipped file.

After that, you will have smooth interaction between "mce.exe" and "fsx.exe", even with UAC enabled.

With PMDG aircraft in general, get into the habit of proceeding this way.

Start the simulator and load PMDG aircraft

Wait until aircraft is ready to fly, and initialization count down in green bar down to zero

Start MCE.

Enjoy your flight.