Sign in to follow this  
jagman

add new airport

FS must be running only when you press the Start button in RC. If not you'll get a time out fsuipc notice.

For scenery rebuilds FS should not be running in case the files makerwys searches are locked out by Windows as being used.

You should not edit a4.csv. That is computed from r5.csv after RC copies it to its rcv4x\data folder and renames it r4.csv. That r4.csv file build a4.csv.

Are you finding OTHH in the r4.csv file in rcv4x\data? Remember only use notepad or wordpad to search rc csv files.

Are you running RC using the right click run as admin option? You can set a property in the shortcut to rcv4.exe.

Did you check the date-time stamp in your fs folder r5.csv folder and compare it to the r4.csv file in the rcv4\data folder?

The other option is to run the network procedure as follows:

First run makerwys directly in your FS folder. Copy r5.csv to rcv4\data and rename it to r4.csv. The run the RC scenery rebuild and Yes to the wide FS query. Be sure the network path or path to your FS folder is correct. RC will not execute makerwys but continue with the file copying and renaming and creating a4.csv.

In a reply here from r4.csv in your rcv4\data folder copy\paste in the lines for OTHH. Then copy\paste in the line from a4.csv. Let's see what the coordinates look like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamad_International_Airport has the real world coordinates. Later I'll translate them to RC's format.

Ray/Ron

I am outbound from EGLL to OTHH at the moment and will return from OTHH in due time,

I'll let you know if I get any trouble leaving OTHH but I have set up a departure gate flight with no apparent problems.

On reflection......I am pretty sure the root cause of the trouble with the normally reliable makerunways was a glitched

installation of OTHH.

I raised this issue with T2G support.......who advised a re-install.

It is not the first time I have had installation problems with the automatic installers that seem to be the norm with payware these days.

They are often unreliable in my experience. I much prefer a zip file and a manual install.

Thanks again for your kind assistance........thankfully installing a completely new airport is not a regular event !

Over and out for now

Best Regards

David  

Hi Ray/Ron

Just to let you know RC4 behaved impeccably with OTHH both on arrival & departure.........Happy Days !

One more thing.......is there a way to replace (in RC4) airline callsign "Britannia" with "Thomson" ?

Best Regards

David

Hi David,

Good to hear.

Unless you can find 'Thomson' in another wav file and do some editing I'm afraid not. RC4 was created in 2006 so there are probably other airlines missing.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

hmmmm.......I wonder if there is a file  "thomson.wav" about somewhere.

it should be possible to make one

David,

I've searched the contents of the script/pilotscripts folder for any instances of Thomson and I'm sorry to report none exist.

That means you can't adapt any of the wavs in the supplied voice sets to enunciate Thomson. You'll just have to live with Britannia I'm afraid.

Even if you found Thomson.wav elsewhere it isn't going to be voiced by any of the pilots or controllers in RC4. The change of voice for only that word would make it sound very strange.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather