Sign in to follow this  
robb13

FSX scenery creation -top cross-hairs appear

I have created a few models in FSDS in the past but always used default texture. I decided to get braver and work out how to create transparency in scenery objects using my own created texture, starting with smallish vegetation of the ''top down view cross hair'' type, and using software that is either free or is not ripping us ossies off.

The scenery is being made in FSDS with a 4 sided poly and texture added and then cloned and  rotated to be reverse orientation to the original and the same done for the 3rd and 4th poly set at right angles to original.

Ive overcome dark sides to the polys (see my other post) and then got rid of cloud draw issues (clouds were in front of the scenery), but I always get what looks like a one pixel line running half the length of each poly at the top

see-

scenerybug-cross-hair3e72f.jpg

Ive checked the alpha bmp I created and there are definately no non-0 (zero) pixels in them running along at the top which I had thought was causing this and the polys created in FSDS are perfectly aligned both vertically and horizontally, which was my second thought of what was causing this. Im out of ideas !!  Does anyone know whats doing this.

As an aside, once Ive overcome this last issue I will create a pdf of all the steps using  Paint.Net and DXPBmp and then FSDS 3.5.1 and ModelConverterX to achieve a FSX partially transparent bit of scenery.

Check the bottom of your textures.

You should leave a few pixels border around all edges of your texture.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks Joe.. shall do..

I take it you mean when I do the alpha channel, I leave a couple of pixels of black all round the perimeter of the image. I know the visible part goes right to the bottom of the bmp and only 1 or 2 pixels clearance is at the top on a couple of others i have done.. From what you say, if I want to be a perfectionist, I then just ''bury'' the bottom of the poly a couple of pixels below ground level in FSDS... (not that I expect anyone to get down that close for a good look ).

Keeping a couple of pixels as pure black in the alpha all round the perimeter of the texture definately fixed up this issue.