Sign in to follow this  
kbowler

Linda 2.6.7 standard disabling CH Yoke

Hi

I have just setup a parallel installation of P3D v3.1 on my D drive with FSX on my main C drive.     I installed the latest version of FSUIPC 4 on my D drive, and as per instructions installed Linda 2.6.7 in my Modules folder.  Once set up it shows all the main hardware of Insight TT switch panel, CH yoke, CH Throttle, and Sidewinder Joystick are configured.  I also have CH pedals, but these do not seem to appear in the latest version of Linda.   I also have EZDOK installed and working OK.

When I run P3D, the CH yoke works for a second or so, then as the window announcing "Linda is working" appears, the CH yoke stops responding.  I checked the Properties section of Control Panel/ Devices & Printers for the Yoke, and it shows the buttons and axes are not responding.  However, the Sidewinder, Insight panel, and CH throttle quadrant are still OK, so only the CH Yoke is affected.   The strange thing is that once I run Linda.exe, the Yoke springs back into life.   I have not used it extensively, so I cannot tell if it will stop responding again while using Linda.    As a test,  I have defined a button on each device, and they all seem to work, but I do not want to do more until I get the problem resolved.

Since I do not always use Linda, it would be nice if this apparent error was resolved, otherwise I currently have to run Linda (even if I do not want to use it), in order to get my CH Yoke working again.   I use Linda v1.13 with FSX without any such problems. 

The Linda2.log has quite a lot of lines like  "FSX2D_EnumandRestore RangeCheck 0000000"  and the last few lines say "HID Unplug detected".

If I remove all trace of Linda from my Modules folder, the problem does not occur.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Keith

Edit:    After adding a few extra random button definitions, by way of a further test, to the devices, I found the CH yoke stopped working again, while I was running Linda.  I had to stop Linda and re-run to get The CH Yoke to respond.   So something is definitely odd!

Regards

Keith Bowler

Hi

I have just setup a parallel installation of P3D v3.1 on my D drive with FSX on my main C drive.     I installed the latest version of FSUIPC 4 on my D drive, and as per instructions installed Linda 2.6.7 in my Modules folder.  Once set up it shows all the main hardware of Insight TT switch panel, CH yoke, CH Throttle, and Sidewinder Joystick are configured.  I also have CH pedals, but these do not seem to appear in the latest version of Linda.   I also have EZDOK installed and working OK.

When I run P3D, the CH yoke works for a second or so, then as the window announcing "Linda is working" appears, the CH yoke stops responding.  I checked the Properties section of Control Panel/ Devices & Printers for the Yoke, and it shows the buttons and axes are not responding.  However, the Sidewinder, Insight panel, and CH throttle quadrant are still OK, so only the CH Yoke is affected.   The strange thing is that once I run Linda.exe, the Yoke springs back into life.   I have not used it extensively, so I cannot tell if it will stop responding again while using Linda.    As a test,  I have defined a button on each device, and they all seem to work, but I do not want to do more until I get the problem resolved.

Since I do not always use Linda, it would be nice if this apparent error was resolved, otherwise I currently have to run Linda (even if I do not want to use it), in order to get my CH Yoke working again.   I use Linda v1.13 with FSX without any such problems. 

The Linda2.log has quite a lot of lines like  "FSX2D_EnumandRestore RangeCheck 0000000"  and the last few lines say "HID Unplug detected".

If I remove all trace of Linda from my Modules folder, the problem does not occur.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Keith

Edit:    After adding a few extra random button definitions, by way of a further test, to the devices, I found the CH yoke stopped working again, while I was running Linda.  I had to stop Linda and re-run to get The CH Yoke to respond.   So something is definitely odd!

Hi Keith

Welcome to LINDA and the forum. Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

Thank you for detailed set up description. You do not say which aircraft you are using. I believe you have a hardware problem with your CH Yoke that is breaking the connection with Windows. If the connection is broken, even momentarily, then LINDA will drop its connection. However, there is a fix. Go to the Setup LINDA page and tick Dynamic HID. This will allow LINDA to connect automatically when it reappears and remove the need to restart LINDA. The problem remains that you have a faulty device.

The Linda2.log range check error indicates that you have undocked windows running. LINDA tries to restore the position of these on restarting an aircraft.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi

Thank you for your reply.  I am surprised you think I have a yoke problem.    I use Linda v1.13 with my FSX setup on the C drive without any problems at all from the CH yoke.   I also tried Linda v2.5.7 (patched) yesterday without any problems with the CH yoke.  The problem I had with the 2.5.7 installation was that the buttons on my other devices were not responding to the definitions I had set up, so I removed 2.5.7 and decided to persevere with 2.6.7 instead.  At least the defined buttons in the 2.6.7 version do seem to work.  By the way, I am using the A36 Bonanza in P3D.  

The other fact that makes me suspicious about what you say is that the joystick always fails exactly at the moment the small LUA Display window appears on the screen telling me that "Linda has started! Ready to Go".   I would have thought the joystick might have worked for a short while and perhaps failed at different times after the main FS screen appears, rather than always just as the LUA window appears!  

Regards

Keith

Regards

Keith Bowler