Sign in to follow this  
odai

Adding FS Global 2010 to FSX:SE

Hello

I have the DVD version of FS Global 2010 for FSX, and decided recently to uninstall my original FSX installation and move to Steam Edition. 

I uninstalled FS Global 2010, and re-installed but this time pointing the installer to the "\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX" directory. 

I then proceeded to launch FSX:SE in order to add the scenery to the library. As I understand, the procedure is simply to select the main "FSGX2010" folder on the drive root and add this to the list of scenery.

With FSX-MS, as I am using WIndows 7 64-bit, I had to select the folder, click "OK" in the dialog box, then click on the white space in order to close the dialog box. However, I am trying to do this with Steam Edition and it is not working at all (the box doesn't close, and the scenery isn't added).

If I then try selecting each of the individual folders (EUR, CSA, LocalMeshes etc) I can add the areas to the list, but when I click OK and FSX begins compiling a new library, I get the message: "SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (...\FSGX2010\LocalMeshes\Scenery) in scenery Area.125 not found. Click OK to continue."

This message repeats for each of the individual folders and I have to remove them from the scenery library list.

Any ideas on how can I properly install this scenery into FSX:SE? It seems support for this product is non-existent - and haven't had a reply to the email I sent them over a week ago (to steve@fly2pilots.com). 

Thanks

Odai.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for that. I'm assuming all I need to do is select the 'scenery' sub-folder for each of the 'regions' (ASI, EUR, LocalMeshes etc) and have separate entries for each of them? 

Is there any particular preference for where to have them in terms of priority?