Sign in to follow this  
JNS

FTX Central for Version 3 P3D install problem

Hi.  I'm just starting to install several ORBX products for P3D v3.  I started with FTX Global 140 and the installation was successful.  Then the installer said it was going to install FTX Central.  Well, it pops up a warning that says "No simulators found".  It mentions having to move things around in the registry which scared me right there. So, anyway, I click on "Okay" and the next screen comes up with:  Microsoft FSX (Not Found), P3D v1 (No Found), and P3D v2 (Not Found).  Now that is not surprising since I don't have any of those installed on my computer. But, nowhere did it mention anything about P3D v3.

The first question is why it can't find P3D v3 and the next question is....what do I do now?  What I DO know is that I installed Version 3 of P3D and I DO know that I checked "P3D v3" as the version of FTX Global to install.  Also, curious is the fact that the shortcut for FTX Central 2 is on the desktop, but when I click on it I just get the "No simulators found"  screen. 

Can someone please advise me on what to do now? 

Thanks very much for any help with this problem.

Jeff Smith

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, I guess problem solved.  I decided to go ahead and install the ORBX Libraries which went well. (Note:The installer did not give me a chance to install the Libraries before attempting to install FTX Central 2)  Then just for grins I clicked on the FTX Central 2 shortcut and up popped FTX Central 2.  So I think everything is OK.  I will keep installing Vector, Open LC Europe, and a couple of other ORBX products and see what happens. Maybe this is a glitch in the installer.  I don't know.

Thanks,

Jeff