Sign in to follow this  
Nepomuk

Not able to assing shift button

Hello!

I´ve read the manual but i´m not able to assing a button to the SHIFT function using LINDA 2.6.7. Every other asignment works fine.

If i click on "SHIFTED MODES", nothing happens. I´m sure im doing something wrong, but i cant figure out what.

zz7pnn2t.jpg

Any hints?

Stephan

Hi Stephan

The functionality of the SHIFT functions has changed since the manual was written and I refer you to the Release Notes included in the LINDA 2.6.7 download.

However, that does not answer your query. When you rest the mouse over the SHIFTED MODES menu, you should see the following submenu (see below):

LINDA_Shift.png

If this is not happening then there is a problem with Windows. What version are you using? I have not tested this with Win10.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello Scotflieger!

I´m using Win7 64bit.

As you can see in my screenshot there is no arrow at the right side and no popup when hovering over "SHIFTED MODES".

Strange.

Stephan

Hi Stephan

I can see the difference in the 2 screenshots. The sub menu arrow is there on mine until I hover over the SHIFTED MODES capture. This is hard coded in the compiled LINDA core LINDA.EXE file. Can I ask you to open the directory /modules/ and call up Properties/Details? I am interested in the build number on the file version line.  I would also ask you to download the 2.6.7 version again and install the LINDA.exe file. This should have no effect by may work. If not, I will send you a new build to try.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

lrsernbq.png

The "linda.exe" has the same timestamp as the actual download. Replacing the .exe did not solve it.

But after copying the "linda" and linda-cfg" directories and overwriting the existing files the sub-menu appeared.

Thank you for the support!

Stephan

Hi Stephan

I am pleased you have things working. Now you have me baffled. I don't know why reloading the 2 LINDA folders would have fixed your problem. I will need to dig deeper.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK