Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Floor

How about a "Products out of Production" archive?

I first learnt how to use an FMC with PMDG's 737 for FS2002 (some years have passed). In fact I still have the original boxed 737-600/700 and its expansion 737-800/900, which I will continue to treasure on my shelf for my whole life probably. Then it was the 747 Queen of the Skies, which I could still buy a boxed edition from in a department store in Madrid, Spain. Today nobody cares about boxed software obviously and therefore the days where you went to the store and saw a huge shelf full of MFS9 add-ons are over. I might be the kind of guy who gets very attached to his old photos, books, CDs and stuff in general and keeps accumulating things over the years, maybe with a sense of nostalgia involved in the whole process.

The reason I'm writing all this is because it "sadens" me (to some point) to navigate the PMDG official website and just find the products that are currently on sale. It seems as if PMDG have forgotten their history, which is quite rich. The only remnant of said history is in the REVIEWS/AWARDS page, where they proudly display the awards the first 737 won, yet with no links to any of those memorable reviews (most of the links are broken anyway).

Why not keep a memory of the past of some sort? Boeing does it with their historical ships. PMDG could have a tab named "Out of Production Aircraft", containing a small "obituary" of each aircraft: The 737, 747, MD11, B1900 etc.

I don't know, I just may be too obssesed with keeping the past in my memory, but whatever.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!