Sign in to follow this  
Guest ssurjap

Unexplained FS9 crash

Something really strange is happening.Sometimes FS9 will just suddenly close without any error messages.If I try to reload the flight from an Autosave file it will shortlyafterwards close down again. Funny thing is that sometimes I can flyfor hours without any problem. Would appreciate any advice/suggestion/indication about possible cause.Thanks in advance.

Joaquin Blanco

Intel Core i9-9900K at 5Ghz, Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM CPU cooler, Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E,Motherboard, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR6, G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe,2TB Samsung 860 QVO Solid State Drive, 2TB, 2 x Samsung 860 Evo 2TB, 1 x 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair RM650x 80 PLUS Gold 650W PSU.

Guest ssurjap

Shot in the dark, but if you're using Win2K or above, check the Event Viewer and see if there's anything there. Also see if it keeps crashing in the same area that you fly in.

Yes you are right there are some error events there just at thetimes of the crashes, but I cannot understand what they refer to.Any ideas how to decipher these?Thanks

Joaquin Blanco

Intel Core i9-9900K at 5Ghz, Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM CPU cooler, Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E,Motherboard, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR6, G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory, 500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe,2TB Samsung 860 QVO Solid State Drive, 2TB, 2 x Samsung 860 Evo 2TB, 1 x 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair RM650x 80 PLUS Gold 650W PSU.

Guest ssurjap

Joaquin,E-mail me the screenshot of the event viewer as well as the details of it and I'll try to help you.

StevenApologies for not getting back to you sooner.Messages on event log I found were to do with something else(O&O defrag)and nothing to do with FS9. Having said that I have noted some details of when and how this problem occurs.Last night while taking part in a VATSIM event, all went welluntil I began to descend and traffic around me increased.Suddenly screen goes black, monitor looses connection and PC although still showing the green light is unresponsive and for all intents and purposes it seems that whatever causesthis problem kills not only FS9 but Windows XP. This only happenswhile running FS9.Not sure what else to do. Would reinstall FS9 if I knew thiswould cure the problem.Thanks

Joaquin Blanco

Guest bobsk8

Look for duplicate AFcads and if you don't find any, try rebuilding your FS9.CGF file. Make a backup first and write donw your settings in the options page so you can reset them in the new config.