Hi folks,

Probably is a stupid question, but here we go:

I broke one of the antenna of my router. The wire inside has been cut as well. I have one antenna remaining. The computer I use is connected via wifi to the router.

I still can connect to the internet and my internet speed is still around 10 mbps, which is the "advertised" speed.

However, I am wondering if being one antenna short is affecting my internet bandwidth because I have noticed that since the antenna broke, I can't no longer stream in HD... This might be caused by other things, but I understand that internet bandwidth plays a role in what level of resolution you can stream...

So basically, is it what is happening? If it is the case, then I guess I need a new router...

Anybody can shed a bit of light on that issue please....? Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The antennas are used to connect the client PC to the wireless router.  They should play no role in the internet bandwidth but remember you are only as fast as your slowest connection so if you are 10m to the router and 20m from the router to the internet then your connection from your PC to the internet will be 10m.