Sign in to follow this  
divermar

MFD Sclae Indicator2

Re-post--- I think it was hung up again

Hi Dave,

On the MFD when you click on the + or the - buttons, or use the mouse roller button to change the scale (zoom in or out) the Scale value in lower left of the display doesn't always show the correct value, for example the 25 NM, and 100 NM Scale values are repeated, some are missing like the 500 NM

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Zanzig

Dave,

there are missed more than that scale. Better to say that scale and zoom level doesn't match each over.

If you scroll trough the zoom levels on every step you get an higher/lower resolution but the indicated scale factor are unchanged.

I get these steps:

250 (probably 500)

100 (probably 50)

5 (probably 2.5)

So only the "label" is wrong.

Helge

Notice that the length of the line changes.  So on one zoom level, 100NM = 1.5 inches and on another it may be 0.75 inches.  The line length is the key.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I see the scale line length changing, and understand how it works, thanks for the update, and adding 500nm

Mark

Mark Zanzig