Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

No weather with OpusFSI v4.65.5

On my flight today FACT-EGLL with PMDG777-300ER under P3Dv£.2, I had accepted that I would have little weather over Africa.

But on crossing the Algerian coast into The Mediterranean, I tried to stop OpusFSI. On stopping the program, the 777 obviously continued to run because the radar scan of the terrain was still active. But no other action was possible - no sound, no head movement, no view changes possible. Only when I restarted OpusFSI did I recover control of the aircraft.

During all of this, no weather was displayed.

Help needed!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You should always leave the FSISERVER program running. If you shut it down or disable any part of it then you will obviously not get any further weather updates or any DHM movements. Eventually the sims weather will evaporate to nothing.

Do not shut down the FSISERVER program and let it continue to monitor the flight and update the weather, provide DHM, control your camera views etc.

Also use Recommended Practices and use the on screen weather reports and the LWA map if possible to keep an eye on your expected weather.

Stephen :-)