Sign in to follow this  
soloraj

Installing AFCAD files in v3

I would like to install the AFCAD file remake of the default Zamperini Field located in Torrence, CA.  The instructions here state to copy .ad2 files to the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.  How can I achieve this in v3?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would like to install the AFCAD file remake of the default Zamperini Field located in Torrence, CA. The instructions here state to copy .ad2 files to the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. How can I achieve this in v3?

I am pretty sure that .AD2 files are internal to ScruffyDuck's Airport Design Editor. I tried putting those files into my scenery and nothing happened so I went ahead and opened up ADE (latest revision), http://www.mediafire.com/download/fl5fut2e7l5dki9/ade_169_5930_rc1_full.zip , compiled it to a BGL file, to the same location, and everything showed up as expected. I think the author was up late and simply forgot to compile.

In any case, thanks to the author for a nice update for KTOA.

Enjoy

Chas

• Upvote 1

Thanks Chas,

I got this to work by creating a folder in my root directory .\KTOA and then creating a scenery sub folder and placing the compiled BGL file there.  Next I added the scenery in the usual way from inside Prepar3d.