Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

Missing water textures mask

Hi all 

I seem to have a slight problem with my water blend mask with the airport I'm attempting to create. 

As its my first one I've been following this series of videos on youtube as a rough guide,and this one specifically at the moment

The bit that concerns the creating of my water and land masks start at 16 min 45 into video and ends at 31 min 45.

Everything looked like it had worked although while compiling the files in SbuilderX I did notice in the dos window the following

TIFFread directory :warning;  N:\Sbuilderx313\tools\work\L17x138212x138251Y84725Y84756_W.tif: WRONG DATA TYPE1 for "XMLPACKET";Tag ignored

It also has the first part again with the following after the file name  

WRONG DATA TYPE7 for "RICHTIFFIptc";Tag ignored

and

UNKNOWN field with tag 34665 <0x87697> encountered

It also has these lines concerning the tiff file for the land blend mask ending with the file name _B

it all compiles as is suggested in video and when I start the sim  all the land mask I have created shows fine and the combination of my satellite image and the  standard land textures of fsx

but all my water textures are that of the satellite image

The only thing that I can think off is that The various masks were created on a photoshop saved image (.psd) created from the original .bmp image and this is doing something ??

Does anyone know why this might be? And can possibly offer any ideas how I can get the water mask to show up.

Probably should add I'm using Photoshop for the various images etc

Thanks

Pete Little