Sign in to follow this  
oscarbcn78

Problems with MCP display with LINDA 2.7.0

Hi,

I have updated LINDA to 2.7.0. I use the last modules for PMDG 737NGX (version 3.4) and PMDG 777 (version 1.2).

To install them, I simply copy the contents of LINDA 2.7.0 in the /Modules folder and copy the specific airplane module files to the /Aircraft folders linside /linda and /linda-cfg.

When I start FSX and load the airplanes:

-For PMDG 737NGX I get odd characters on my MCP display:

F:00A:0 F:00g Type v1.100

Sel100 YA:0 Air000ft 100 FLY No0

-For PMDG 777 LINDA console says it can´t find any MCP configuration and doesn´t load.

I never have had such errors, do you know the possible cause?

Thank you so much.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

I have updated LINDA to 2.7.0. I use the last modules for PMDG 737NGX (version 3.4) and PMDG 777 (version 1.2).

To install them, I simply copy the contents of LINDA 2.7.0 in the /Modules folder and copy the specific airplane module files to the /Aircraft folders linside /linda and /linda-cfg.

When I start FSX and load the airplanes:

-For PMDG 737NGX I get odd characters on my MCP display:

F:00A:0 F:00g Type v1.100

Sel100 YA:0 Air000ft 100 FLY No0

-For PMDG 777 LINDA console says it can´t find any MCP configuration and doesn´t load.

I never have had such errors, do you know the possible cause?

Thank you so much.

Thank you for the report. Are you using the MCP Combo 2 Boeing panel? There are 3 types of MCP. It looks like you may not have copied all the folders across to 2.7.0 correctly.

It would appear that the PMDG737 module is not clearing the startup display. I am unable to investigate or fix this for several weeks.

For the PMDG777 you need to check that you have the config-mcp*.lua file in the 777 /linda-cfg/aircrafts folder. If you are using the MCP2 Boeing panel then the file is called config-mcp2.lua. If it does not exist make a copy of the config-mcp2.default folder and rename it .lua.

Thank you for the report. Are you using the MCP Combo 2 Boeing panel? There are 3 types of MCP. It looks like you may not have copied all the folders across to 2.7.0 correctly.

It would appear that the PMDG737 module is not clearing the startup display. I am unable to investigate or fix this for several weeks.

For the PMDG777 you need to check that you have the config-mcp*.lua file in the 777 /linda-cfg/aircrafts folder. If you are using the MCP2 Boeing panel then the file is called config-mcp2.lua. If it does not exist make a copy of the config-mcp2.default folder and rename it .lua.

I have MCP2 Boeing type. Problem with 777 resolved (I had some files with .default extension instead of .lua), but now the behaviour is the same for both airplanes: the odd characters on the MCP display.

This is the list of folders and files I have installed:

/linda

/aircrafts

/FSX Default

/PMDG 737NGX

actions.lua

ident.lua

readme.txt

user.lua

/PMDG 777

actions.lua

ident.lua

readme.txt

user.lua

/data

/libs

/lua

/system

/linda-cfg

/aircrafts

/FSX Default

/PMDG 737NGX

config-mcp.lua

config-mcp2.lua

config-mcp2a.lua

config-user.lua

/PMDG 777

config-mcp.lua

config-mcp2.lua

config-user.lua

/data

/libs

/lua

/system

ipcReady.lua

LINDA.exe

linda.lua

linda2.log

I have FSUIPC version 4.939e, is this correct for the versions of LINDA and airplane modules I have? Or do I need exactly the last version?

Could it be an incompatibility between LINDA 2.7.0 and the last versions of PMDG 737NGX and PMDG 777 modules?

Thank you again.

I am glad you got the 777 sorted. Your file structure looks fine. The latest FSUIPC4 4.949 is recommended especially for P3Dv3.2. I can't investigate anything for the next 2-3 weeks regarding the 737 module.

I am glad you got the 777 sorted. Your file structure looks fine. The latest FSUIPC4 4.949 is recommended especially for P3Dv3.2. I can't investigate anything for the next 2-3 weeks regarding the 737 module.

No problem, I will wait for your answer.

As a further information, if I restore to my 2.6.4 files (from my backup) it works ok, but if I install a fresh version of 2.6.4 I have the problem again. So it´s very strange...

Thanks.

No problem, I will wait for your answer.

As a further information, if I restore to my 2.6.4 files (from my backup) it works ok, but if I install a fresh version of 2.6.4 I have the problem again. So it´s very strange...

Thanks.

Problem solved !!! The problem was in config-vri.lua file. It comes like this when unziping LINDA 2.7.0:

VRI["ENABLED"]=1

VRI["TYPE"]=0

VRI["DEBUG"]=0

VRI["COMPORT"]=1

And it should be:

VRI["ENABLED"]=1

VRI["TYPE"]=2

VRI["DEBUG"]=1

VRI["COMPORT"]=6 (or the port you have defined in FSUIPC4.ini)

Changing to that values LINDA loads correctly.

Problem solved !!! The problem was in config-vri.lua file. It comes like this when unziping LINDA 2.7.0:

VRI["ENABLED"]=1

VRI["TYPE"]=0

VRI["DEBUG"]=0

VRI["COMPORT"]=1

And it should be:

VRI["ENABLED"]=1

VRI["TYPE"]=2

VRI["DEBUG"]=1

VRI["COMPORT"]=6 (or the port you have defined in FSUIPC4.ini)

Changing to that values LINDA loads correctly.

That is correct. The MCP setup needs to be done each you install a new version of LINDA.