Sign in to follow this  
Frank Zych

PMDG Control Event 69850 with FSUIPC

I am trying to set the cabin pressure in the PMDG 737 with a rotary encoder, I have no problem increasing the cabin pressure  in increments of 500 when I turn the rotary shaft clockwise. When I turn the shaft counterclockwise it continues to increase the cabin pressure, How can I get it to decrease? I've tried different parameter combinations without success.. 

Flightman49

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am trying to set the cabin pressure in the PMDG 737 with a rotary encoder, I have no problem increasing the cabin pressure  in increments of 500 when I turn the rotary shaft clockwise. When I turn the shaft counterclockwise it continues to increase the cabin pressure, How can I get it to decrease? I've tried different parameter combinations without success.. 

Flightman49

I found the following commands in the PMDG 737NGX LUA module of Günter Steiner's wonderful creation LINDA that may be of use (depending on what sort of commands your rotary encoder generates) :

"ipc.control(69850, 16384)" (minus the quotes) looks like INcreasing the cruise altitude setting (assuming this is what you mean by "cabin pressure"), by the looks of it in 500 ft increments.

"ipc.control(69850, 8192)" looks like DEcreasing the cruise altitude setting, by the looks of it in 500 ft decrements.

Hope this helps.  I don't actually use LINDA to operate buttons - for that I use FSUIPC - but I have found the contents of LINDA modules a huge help in setting up my own modest rig, both for PMDG's 737NGX and 777.

I can't seem to find the PMDG NGX Lua module. Do you have a Link?

Never mind.........I found it

Thanks

Flightman49