Sign in to follow this  
percylee

unregister 777

I need to reload P3d along with operating system...tried unregister 777 and I get a failure of 7284..in active fulfillment record....   not sure what is going on...any suggestions..

percy lee

not sure what is going on...any suggestions..

Usually means you've returned the license unnecessarily so many times that it has locked that old record and will not let you return it anymore.

When do you usually return your license?

Kyle Rodgers

I return license when I am re-loading P3D or operating system or I believe something is afoul...I build my own so I am always messing around with it.   This time when I depart in 737 after a few minuets computer freezes so I am going to format and start over....I have provably unregistered 5 or 6 times for different reasons....

have been doing this for over 10 years now, I am retired so have time.  Instead of trying to sort out the problem Ill just start over as Flight sim is the only use for this computer.

thank you

percylee

I return license when I am re-loading P3D or operating system or I believe something is afoul...I build my own so I am always messing around with it.   This time when I depart in 737 after a few minuets computer freezes so I am going to format and start over....I have provably unregistered 5 or 6 times for different reasons....

The only times you should return the license are when you are re-installing your operating system, changing computers, or installing new hardware. Returning a license frequently looks suspicious to the system, so it will eventually lock that activation and force you to use another one of your allotment.

Instead of reformatting, it would be a lot better for everyone involved to actually troubleshoot the issue. It's usually something pretty simple. Go into your event viewer to find P3D and find the latest error report. Paste the contents of the error here.

have been doing this for over 10 years now, I am retired so have time.  Instead of trying to sort out the problem Ill just start over as Flight sim is the only use for this computer.

This is actually really bad for your computer. You might have time, but it also involves a lot of writing to your disk, which will wear it out quicker (for either mechanical or SSD - doesn't matter - one wears out rotational components faster, the other wears out your write-space which will eventually result in corrupted data). Moreover, it sidesteps the issue of learning how to properly fix issues, which is the stronger course of action.

Re-imaging a computer for small things is literally like burning a house down and rebuilding it just because a light went out, but you don't want to learn how to replace a light bulb.

Kyle Rodgers