Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

B737NG 700/800/900 Cargo/ Fuel Calcs

Hi I'm new to the B737NG variants and am using Fs2004 with Ifly B737  600/ 700/ 700ER /800//900  my question is I want to set some standard Fuel/ and Cargo  loads as to attain a CG for safe flight I realise Fuel load depends on a variety of factors  conting, reserve fuel total trip etc  so I just want figures I can safely input with each of these models so I can purely use to practice getting familiar with the aircraft thereafter i'll be more precise in my calculations.

Now for the 737-600NG  Cargo Fwd I fill to 75%  Aft 20%  and Fuel  Wings both 100% and centre tanks 50% so i'd be interested if you have any such parameters for these aircraft models i could use please.

Many thanks

Richard

Hello Richard,

Here's an interesting document on Center of Gravity limitations.Page 59 shows the CG range for a 737-800.

Regarding fuel, it's not like you put the fuel you need to achieve a given CG. You put the fuel in that you need for your flight. Then after that you worry about CG either positioning the payload, using ballast etc

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Jaime Thank you so much for taking the time out to provide this much detail for me, yes I understand the other factors that go into tyhe calculations what i'm trying to find is just a base line a few workable cargo/Fuel percentages that I can just enter into my Ifly config tool  Cargo and Fuel  areas which will be accepted and I can take-off without issues and practice with the plane that i've just purchased.

Anyway Jamie excellent thank you, very much appreciated and pg59 looks to have great info on this 

Many Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard, you're welcome :)

I was looking for publicly available Weight & Balance manuals on the 737 but couldn't find them.

My experience in the sim and as a rule of thumb: Load the payload evenly (50% in the front and 50% in the back) and you shouldn't have a problem.

Also check if the plane you purchased has some manuals explaining these issues. Maybe they come with all the documentation and you just have to look through it :)

Is there a specific software by iFly that will load the plane for you so you don't have to worry about CG? Maybe there is one!

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Great advice Jaime thank you very much, and A32xx thank you also for the great support now I can get stuck into the 737NG with much more of an insight