Sign in to follow this  
chik

aircraft textures missing

I recently added 3 new textures to my default 747 4 . In order to see them I have to add the next number in sequence [fltsim.4]etc, You know the drill. Here is where I think the problem starts, I had to change the way the aircraft config opens so that I could read it. It was in some strange format before, ( mostly encrypted) or what ever you call it. I had to change the properties to open with notepad so that I could add the proper numbers to allow the sim to display the new textures. Now some of my boeings,(747, 727, project opensky, and a few others) have some or all textures missing. I wonder if its the way fs9 reads these config files. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks (chik)

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!

Hi ChikNot sure what you've done, but send me the file and I'll sort it for you, hopefully.MABeaumont@aol.comX (remove the X, it's a half-hearted anti-spam attempt)MarkEDIT: Hmm, reading your post again, you mention other aircraft ... sounds like it's the properties of the type of file i.e. under TOOLS/FOLDER OPTIONS/FILE TYPES that you may have reset. If this is the case, and your CFG file endings are now set to open as TXT files i.e. with NOTEPAD, you will need to reset that at your end.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

I usually make a mess when I fool with notepad, txt ext's and so on. What i found was that if I go to system sttings and chack the option for memory to run programs instead of "cache", everything came back to normal. Thanks for the input though, really app" it!(chik)

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!