Sign in to follow this  
JNS

Uneven usage in SLI setup

Hi.  I have what I think is a strange problem when using SLI.  If my frame-limiter in P3D is set to "Unlimited" (No VSync or TB) then there is a difference in usage of my two video cards.  The first card will show Usage approximately 20-25%  higher than the second card.  The Power figures are essentially equal. This is using EVGA's PrecisionX 16 testing utility.  Now, as I lower the frame-limiter the difference in usage becomes less until, at about 30FPS, the usage becomes equal or close to it.  I've checked the two video cards separately and they seem to be equal in performance.

Is there some logical technical reason this is happening or is something strange going on with my system.  The sim seems to run great, very smooth with moderate to high settings and 8X SGSS, ORBX Global, Vector, and PNW Region, and My Traffic 6.  With these settings and really nasty weather (P3D) I will be showing about 85-90% usage on each card with the limiter set at 28-30.

My setup is Windows 7,  6700K oc to 4.6GHz., ASUS Maximus VIII Hero MB, 2-EVGA 980Ti SC cards, 361.43 driver, P3Dv3.2.3,  and 1-50" 4K monitor.

I would really appreciate any comments on this.

Thanks very much.

Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!