Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

The way I look at the ERJ

Feelthere ERJ is a very well done product, for me it exceeds my general expectation for a Feelthere product. It's a small jet, and that's what's great about it. IMO, it's the only excellent small jet package for FS. Small jets are used both in business and commercial aviation, but they have a lot of basics in common. In fact ERJ series has its own business variant. And I sure do want to be familiar and proficient with this category of aircrafts. But being proficient with large jets doesn't automatically do the transition for you.The HoneyWell avionic package in the ERJ is from the same family that's most popular in business jets. You find them in Citations and Gulfstreams. I suppose the FMS system is similar too. And they are all very different from those found in large airliners. For me the benefit of flying the ERJ is then I'd be confident with a large variety of dusiness jets. This whole category is probably the most ignored by the top developers. Eaglesoft products are good and the Falcon 50 is too, but they are all missing the core of nav system. ERJ fills the gap in my sim for me. Below it I have aeroworx B200 and above it, PMDG 737. Actually to stretch the whole line in my sim, I have C210 - Meridian - B200 - ERJ - B737, B727 - B767 - B747. Anything smaller than C210 I don't fly in the sim because I am proficient with them in real life for the kind of flights I do.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI