Sign in to follow this  
cgueiros

Losang format clouds

I have tried to search through the forum for some information on my problem as it most possibly has been addressed to, but failing to find it on my own - could someone guide me where to look for a solution, please?Am using Windows XP on a Pentium 4 with 128MB NVidia GEForce4 Ti 4600 and although my ovearll scenery is quite acceptable, I do find squarish looking cloud formats (sort of a large irregular rectangular block in the sky).Is there some configuration which I have erroneously included which is responsible for this or some other adjustment which could correct or eliminate this?Any information will be greatly appreciated.Clarindo

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Drivers?If you've recently upgraded your video card drivers, and it worked fine before then, you may wish to go back to those drivers.If not, then perhaps check to see if new ones are available?I know my old Ti4200 did NOT like any drivers newer than 45.23, sad as that is. But hey, it worked for me. Good luck Clarindo!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

Thanks a lot, Jim.I am at my second domicile and have no assistance available in case I mess up with this only computer in use here.Never did uninstall and install a video driver and I certainly believe this is beyond my limited computer knowledge.But many thanks for your prompt and pertinent reply.Best of Luck,Clarindo

Clarindo - Go to www.nvidia.com or www.guru3d.com and browse around - I've forgotten exactly where it is but tghey have a detailed instruction on removing and reinstalling drivers. Also, being that you are using XP - set a Restore Point before you do anything and if something goes wrong, you can at least restore to the earlier point.Good luck - Visit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks again for valuable information.Did reinstall driver from original CD which came with Dell computer. Problem has been minimized but less frequently those losang clouds appear.Guess I should go for a better video card, but do not have the courage to install a new one myself like I would back home.Great assistance obtained in this forum, for which I am much obliged.Clarindo