Sign in to follow this  
ngomaichi

Not Able To Update To Windows 10

I have a laptop with genuine windows 8.1 pre-installed. I want to update it to windows 10 but is unable to do so. The problem is as follow.

When I go to PC settings --> Update and recovery --> Windows Update, it keeps on searching for updates for much longer time but did not shows any updates available. You can check the screenshot attached (pic). It did not comes out of this state even after much time.

For other way I also downloaded windows 10 installer from Microsoft windows website. But when I run it, it shows the popup every time as shown in attached screenshot (pic1). I tried re-starting windows multiple times but same thing happens.

Also few days before I accidentally deleted the default recovery partition in the laptop. Is this the reason for not able to update or there is some another glitch ?

I want to update to windows 10 without losing any data. Please help.

Attached Files

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How long have you left the windows update running? On my last Win 7 install a few months ago it took around 3 hours before it gave me a list of the updates.

Have you thought about downloading the Win 8.1 ISO from microsoft site and doing a clean install and then upgrading to Win 10?