Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Hawker drops dramatically while making waypoint turn. Why?

When flying a course with NAV the Hawker will drop several hundred feet when it makes a sharp turn to the next waypoint.  After a lapse in time It will then attempt to rapidly climb to the designated altitude.  This becomes a real problem when you are turning onto the final leg for approach. 

I have given up trying to understand why the LOC and ILS will work one time and then not work the next time following the same procedures.

I am using P3D v3.

Suggestions?

Note; this plane could be very good if the ILS worked consistently and it was stable on these turns.  I sure wish we could have a solid dependable business plane.  Maybe someday.

Yes I have seen similar behavior in this and other aircraft. However, in RW aviation, turns on to the localizer are generally made at around 30 degrees. ATC will clear turns onto the localizer in that range. Also, when capturing the localizer it helps if the altitude is stabilized and below the glide slope. In some ways, the Hawker is just reflecting RW behavior.

Thanks for the reply.  I will work on that and see if it was pilot error.  Let me say, it made landing at KTEX in stormy weather a fun ride!  I was sweating just trying to get on the ground!