Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

AMD FX8350 and Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Hello everyone,

I recently just finished my new computer, built it from scratch. I chose my CPU as the AMD FX8350 with 8 cores at 4.0GHz. I understand Intel is FSX's favorite, but I was on a budget and AMD would give me the most bang for my buck. 

I normally get around 10-15 frames in the PMDG NGX, and around 10 in the PMDG 777 and Aerosoft Airbus. I'm almost sure I can get better performance from this, and I'm soon getting a water cooler so I could overclock. 

I have my .cfg from a friend who tweaked it a lot. Although, he does have the i7 4790k. I'll link that here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dss2l0l5c52ub3/fsx.CFG?dl=0

If anyone with an FX series processor has any tips or tricks on better performance, or a .cfg thats tweaked for that FX processor, please link it below, I'm trying to maximize my performance for my computer.

Full specs list here:

CPU = AMD FX8350

GPU = GTX 750ti

RAM = 16GB Crucial RAM

MOBO = Asus M5A97 Plus

STORAGE = FSX is on my PNY TECH CS1311 SSD

Thank you,

Grant