Sign in to follow this  
Cmmcd87

Touchdown sound

I don't know if this is a problem on my end, or if someone else has asked the question already, and I apologise in advance if that's the case. The problem is that the touchdown effects, be it the sounds or any visual clues based on vibrations etc etc are too subtle, to the point that in one of my landings I really struggled to know if I was on the ground or still "flaring".

Is there something I could do to make the touchdown more noticeable?

Headshake, look at the x-plane.org, is a great tool to add all sorts of vbibrations

• Upvote 1

Headshake, look at the x-plane.org, is a great tool to add all sorts of vbibrations

Thanks!

Will give it a try!

The DC-6 is also unique for an aircraft of it's size for how high it sits which makes it seem like your higher than you really are. Also the gear seems stiffer than your average jet.

• Upvote 1

The DC-6 is also unique for an aircraft of it's size for how high it sits which makes it seem like your higher than you really are. Also the gear seems stiffer than your average jet.

True, my first landing didn't go that well for that exact reason, as I was oblivious to the fact that this airplane makes is seem like it's higher than it actually is.

Meanwhile I've sorted my touchdown noise problem, I've got an expensive headset with its own sound hub which has a surround sound option enabled by a button which I assumed had nothing to do with sound levels, after going through the manuals I've disabled it and the sounds are much clearer now!

I do apologise for this post as the problem was on my end.