Tips about my system

Hello!

I recently go to XP 10.

My system is:

i7 2600k @ 4,6 Ghz

8GB RAM (tomorrow will be 16GB)

EVGA GTX770 SC 2GB

SSD

I see that with XP running the graphic card is runnig with almost all the memory used, that can cause issues or sttuters. I'm planning to upgrade it to a GTX1070.

What do you think? Will be enought upgrading the graphic card?

Here is a video of performance test and screens of my settings. Video was recorded with IXEG and Aerosoft EGLL.

2u5rlli.png

11h6u76.png

2nsnj1s.png

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Personally I would think upgrading the card and RAM would be enough for the moment.

My opinion is that video RAM and system RAM have a ton of influence in performance. Along with the extra GPU power that an upgrade to a 1070 would bring, you'll fare pretty well for sure. It may be worth considering an upgrade to 32 GB of system RAM if you're going to be using HD Mesh and Extended DSF's though, especially since older spec RAM is pretty darn cheap these days.

I wish there would be a new CPU generation that would represent an actual, worthwhile increase performance that would equal the rather significant cost of a new CPU, MB, and RAM.  Each GPU generation lately represents absolutely huge increases, while CPU's are so, so incremental.

Thanks!

Will consider to buy another 16GB of ram soon. There are any problem to have 4 modules instead of 2?

Thanks!

Will consider to buy another 16GB of ram soon. There are any problem to have 4 modules instead of 2?

None at all. I'm using 4 x 8GB modules.