Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Amber band N1 maximum bug

If you select the option MAX CONT thrust bug it will display the amber band,

The FCOM mentions...

N1 Maximum Bug Displayed (amber) –

• N1 value for full rated thrust

• computed by the EEC through all phases of flight.

• upper limit for autothrottle operation.

Ok so basically the amber band is MAX CONT bug, but my TO 26k is showing above the amber N1 maximum bug.

I know Takeoff thrust is limited to 5 or 10 minutes subject to certification approval. So is the amber band meaning the most thrust an engine can produce over a long period of time?

But found something conflicting between the FCOM and PMDG option. The FCOM mentions this amber band to be DOUBLE DERATE upper limit and PMDG MCT ?

Vernon Howells

Hi,

A small hint: MAX CONT thrust means maximum continuous thrust, so yes it is slower than the max takeoff thrust because it is the highest thrust that you can maintain throughout the flight usually used on the remaining engine in case of engine out.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi,

A small hint: MAX CONT thrust means maximum continuous thrust, so yes it is slower than the max takeoff thrust because it is the highest thrust that you can maintain throughout the flight usually used on the remaining engine in case of engine out.

Yeh i explained that above thanks. But its the conflicting part i'm really unsure about

Vernon Howells

That amber band in PMDG options (MCT) is wrong i think? It should be full rated thrust any rated pilot prove this otherwise?

Vernon Howells