Sign in to follow this  
kidsimproject

a little help with my kids sim project

hello you all expert :)

finally me and my kids decide on which airplane we will try (really try) to create a simulator after they didn't like the g1000 setup because there is just monitors and they do like to look on gauges and turn knobs but also they dont like just gauges, so after we search we found out the PA34 SENECA V from Carenado.com my kids fall in love with this model immediately since there is the 500 (or 600 what is the difference ?) in the middle and  gauges with the gps .

our goal is to make every knob and push button realistic we bought a lot of old joysticks with  21 keys and will take it apart and start putting it in a  panels that we will create hopefully it will loo professional but if it is good for my kids i am fine with it 

here is the only problem i am facing , for all the knobs and push button  i manage to find something to control if it is linda for input (great program ) if it is the gps INI file that i can enter key sequence and than input that to the linda or something like that but what about the 600 ? how can i make it button control i can't find any ini file or any configuration  file , i email Carenado about it and the say that all their model are on screen model and do have that capability and i should try offsets (i thought it talk gebrish to me ) since i have a little bit knowledge of programming i start search and found some information about offset and fsuipc i also dig into the XML files in gauges for the g600 and found some command but since there is no ini load with the 600 where can i save the offset value that will load with the airplane model or with the game in the fsuipc . for example i found this command 

SOFTKEY1

i want to make it offset 5322

where should i save save this line in which ini

SOFTKEY1=offset 5322

if you can tell me the right way to write the offset and where you can save it 

i know it can be made because there is a website http://ljcockpit.com/  that build it but it is really expensive 

PLEASE IF CAN SOMEONE HELP ME :) 

Ever figure it out?

Jim

CYWG