Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Problems connecting to multiplayer

I like to fly online, connecting to FSHost servers-- everybody else seems to be able to do it, except me. I can connect to an online server as long as no one else is connected , but as soon as a few others are connected , the chances of me connecting are remote. Sometimes if there is only 1 other connected, then I too will be able to connect.Something is wrong in the way the computers talk to one another -- I have done everything regarding port forwarding, firewalls, etc - and I am convinced that the problem lies with the Static/Vs Dynamic address situation. My Broadband ISP uses dynamic addresses.Any ideas? or any assistance would be much appreciatedThanks Barry

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Might not be much of a help, but try FSHostspy and find a server with the lowest time for transmission of signal. Especially in Australia, it might be a distance from server issue.Best regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I don't know too much about "static versus dynamic".But there is an option under FS9 .cfg for "protocol address". To log onto Bushnet for example, you can typ XX.XX.XXX or whatever within the game, and whenever the address changes you have to find out what it is and type that in. It's fine for if you will be on different servers. But you seem like you would be happy with finding just one that works. Just for an example, for bushnet you can enter (in FS9 .CFG Multiplayer section) PROTOCOL_ADDRESS=bn.turbulentsky.com To see who's on and other stuff without even having your sim running it's http://bn.turbulentsky.com This is just an example, I'm pretty sure Bushnet might be too far for you,So maybe find out a protocol address for a closer server and modify your .CFG. Even if the IP changes, you can still log on with the protocol addy- though if you put a different number in within FS9 it will be overwritten.I've been on with response times as much as 300 on Elite Flyers, but FSNet didn't synch very well.Best Regards, Donny:-wave