Sign in to follow this  
773Adas

ADIRU/SAARU failure question

Hi, everyone

Recently, just for fun I've done ADIRU/SAARU failure in my B777F and I was going trough abnormal checklist and I stopped at the point where according to procedure I had to enter heading into POS INT p.1 in the space which should be created in the FMS, but it didn't happen. Are there any extra conditions to be met enabling HDG entrance in POS INT page? Another symptom that I got after ADIRU/SAARU failure is that I lost elevetor control. It ceased to respond from control column movments comands,  which visually moved in the cockpit, only trim was working, but after some time it also stopped to react. Only altn trim seemed to remain operational, but I didn't have key assinged to it so I crashed :(. Is this something normal to observe when this failure occures or this is something which shouldn't happen?

Thanks, Adam Omieljanowicz

Which failure did you try?  Just the ADIRU inop, or both ADIRU and SAARU inop?  The SAARU is what uses the heading info you enter, so if it’s also failed there’s no use for that heading.

I’m not sure what’s going on with your elevator issue.  You’ll lose the flight envelope protections without air data but the controls should continue to function.

Brian W

KPAE

Thanks, for response. I did both SAARU and ADIRU failure which explanins HDG entry. I will do some testing on this elevetor control and see how it behaves.