Sign in to follow this  
Guest tracker_tech

BRAVO to Captain Sim

Guest Debosonic

I would like to take back some of my earlier negative comments regarding Captain Sim...The C130, which I acquired last night, is simply excellent in all respects. I am sure that users may discover some minor bugs in it, but nothing show-stopping. In all respects a completely faithful redention of this famous transporter, and the finest Captain Sim product to date.I take off my virtual hat to you guys, this time you have really earned the 51.30 bucks, and also my trust for your future products.Keep 'em coming and good luck in your business...George Joachim(owner of Konotop-Mig 21-B727-F104-B707 and C130)(JOKE: It seems the testes have done a good job as well!!)

Guest jennifer

That's a noble posting George. You're a gentleman. Bravo!edited for spelling.

Guest allcott

And the 707 remains unfixed, there's no support forum, numerous problems with the 130 and no refund policy. Just how gullible do you think THEY now KNOW we are? I remind you, Avsim supports the posting of C130 and CS threads only under sufferance. CS have yet to show a SINGLE example that they are listening to the community and will deliver what is required to restore their reputation. They can produce a pretty plane, yes, but their business is just as ugly as ever it was.Allcott

Guest IanP

You know, it's strange. One company has a refund policy and all of a sudden it's the norm.It isn't! It never has been! Where's Wilco's refund policy? Where's simMarket's refund policy? (The line that says "NO REFUNDS" answers that one...)The 707 is a mess, yes. The attitude of "Captain Sim PR" on here was apalling, yes. Do they need a forum? No. Not really. They are under no obligation to provide one although it would be nice. Maybe when people use it properly they might provide one.I think they deserved what they got on the 707, they deserved to be slammed for their attitude and that they shouldn't have announced the C130s "imminent" release umpteen times.On the other hand, they actually do appear to have listened to the testers and fixed the bugs in the beta - that's a heck of a lot more than one devloper I beta tested for did. They even managed to introduce more and worse ones in the release version!I've now flown everything CS have done and, of the whole set only the 707 I would not class as being usable at this time. They now need to patch the C130 and, preferably, the 707 before starting work on anything else.I'd say they've made a start, but they have a way to go yet to restore public confidence. Let's see what happens next, shall we?Ian P.

You know, I am trying to keep an open mind on this latest release, but admit up front that my past experiences with CS make me a real sceptic.So...with that open mind, I just had the opportunity in the last hour to watch someone close to me buy the C-130 against my advice and then try to install it. The Online order went smoothly. The download from SWREG was actually very fast. He got the confirmation e-mail from CS just minutes later. He ran the CS installer, and pasted the order number from the e-mail when asked. And then...on his very first try...the CS installer informed him that he had exceeded the maximum number of attempts to install the software and was locked out for one hour.I had to run, not walk, to the next room so that he wouldn't hear my milk-snorting gut-busting laughter.More updates to follow if and when he ever gets it installed...CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest allcott

Well I don't want to have to say it, but I do have to say it, even though I already said it, and I said I would say it:"We told you so"OK, so the C-130 cuts the mustard in so many ways- that much is obvious from the posts in this forum. But just look at all the niggles, problems and confusions? Many to be expected of a complex new release for sure, but only a small percentage are picked up in the FAQ's on CS site, and then there's the basic problems which measn the package simply does not work as advertised. :+Yep, CS released a beta on the public again, and mugs are paying for it. ;(And that ultra-efficient CS PR which was SO accommodating of customer surveys and SO quick to respond to an opportunity to promote their new product before it came out has been NOWHEREto be seen since release. NOT A SINGLE REPLY to a customer query from the developer - it's all customer-suppoorting-customer. CS PR BS, business as usual.That just isn't good enough, and THAT'S why this company, above all others, should have a refund policy and along with Bob's post above, all simmers need to be so very careful before doing business with these types. One other question: Anyone actualy been able to get any of the repaints in the Avsim library installed into the C-130 folder yet?Didn't think so. Allcott

An hour later, try #2, and he's still locked out.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Debosonic

-One other question: Anyone actualy been able to get any of the repaints in the Avsim library installed into the C-130 folder yet?-Didn't think so. ........Yes i have, but not using the ACE thingy, just by the old fashioned cut and paste and edit the cfg files....But it worked.My installation was okay the first time round. I had lots of problems with the 707 last year while trying to install. The C130 was a breeze.No, the C130 is a success...Captain Sim needs to have a support forum. That I do agree.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, the jury is still out on the 130 for me. Yes, it is a nice aircraft and does some things very well, then again, Milton S's freeware is EVERY BIT AS NICE AND ITS FREE.As I stated in another post on this forum, it's getting to be the time when developers are pricing thier wares off the market. At this point, the CS 130 for 51 bucks is a bit of a stretch. And I have to agree, fix the damned 707, it would be so easy to correct the flight model -- why not do it?I got my copy free as being a beta tester -- would I pay $51 bucks for it knowing what I know now? Perhaps I need to fly it a bit more to see some of its brilliance? Perhaps! At $30 bucks, I'd give it a yes vote . . . at $51? . . . .Best to all, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest jennifer

Alcott wrote ""We told you so"Just as CS is not the only company not to have a refund policy so they are not the only company to have a product falter at the first step. If you're going to condemn them on these two issues alone then the mighty PMDG would also have to be condemned. Many faltered at their first attempt to download and install the 747, and they have no refund policy.I wouldn't condemn either company for those reasons, although I'm certainly not in favour of a no refund policy.....seems archaic in this day and age even with downloadable software. Only Flight 1 to my knowledge seem to have cracked the above two issues and they must come top of the cutomer service/care league.

Guest allcott

>Alcott wrote ""We told you so">>Just as CS is not the only company not to have a refund policy>so they are not the only company to have a product falter at>the first step. If you're going to condemn them on these two>issues alone then the mighty PMDG would also have to be>condemned. Many faltered at their first attempt to download>and install the 747, and they have no refund policy.>>I wouldn't condemn either company for those reasons, although>I'm certainly not in favour of a no refund policy.....seems>archaic in this day and age even with downloadable software. >>>Only Flight 1 to my knowledge seem to have cracked the above>two issues and they must come top of the cutomer service/care>league. >>If we accept that all releases have their share of issues on release, and all reasonable simmers do, then the DEVELOPER should be bearing the bandwidth and manpower costs for supporting the troubleshooting, not the customer and an unrelated site.CS are leeches. They leech bandwidth by not supplying a forum of their own, they leech support by getting their customers to do it for them and they leech money out of the simming community for a product released when they knew it was not fit for sale. Many of these `issues` should have been picked up at beta. CS claim a vast raft of experts helped them with the development. How did they miss an inability to start the engines? How could they have failed to test the configuration utility, which has more issues than a room full of hypochondriacs? Answer: not the beta testers fault, they were used as pawns, and from the posts we've seen - many were sacrificed.And now, when you need them most, where are our developer chums, and their best mate `Captain Sim PR`? Gone, banking our money and laughing their heads off at the gullibility of flight simmers. No, what we have here is another one of the Captain Sim "Let's get the customer to pay to fix it for us" products. Just with a sl;ightly refined scam compared to last time. Let's just wait and see how long you have to wait for the patch. Three YEARS to release the product. How long to make it workable, do you think? Will any of us still be alive to enjoy it?I can already see the PR BS beginning to spin: "With the new version of Flight Sim just around the corner, we have already turned our attentions to developing new, exciting products for the new platform. No further development on the old, and if you don't like it, please feel free to let us know so we can brand you traitors." DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. WAIT to purchase until the first patch is released, the forum opened, and the developers offer a refund system for dissatisfied customers. They will then have joined the list of `civilised` developers, and at that point will deserve our custom. Just as soon as they have fixed the 707.WE TOLD YOU SOAllcott

It took 4 tries and 4 hours. Finally the installer validation worked.More to follow.Bob

Guest IanP

1) Installer worked first time, including activation.2) Installation of additional livery worked first time.3) Change of flag using TCE worked first time.4) Change of loading using TCE worked first time.That was mine. After seeing other peoples' aircraft and hearing the only significant problem (unable to start from cold and dark) solved, I bought it and HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL DOING SO.Just so that potential buyers don't only hear rants from people who wouldn't have been happy had they had them giftwrapped and delivered to their doorstep.I'll say it again. Captain Sim are still far from perfect. They have a long way to go to get back to where they were, but this is a massive amount better on release than the 707 was.Ian P.

>1) Installer worked first time, including activation.>>2) Installation of additional livery worked first time.>>3) Change of flag using TCE worked first time.>>4) Change of loading using TCE worked first time.>>That was mine. After seeing other peoples' aircraft and>hearing the only significant problem (unable to start from>cold and dark) solved, I bought it and HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AT>ALL DOING SO.Same here. No problems at all.