Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

New CLS A300...anyone have it yet?

Guest Knikolaes

""alas yes, we have another one worried about safety, argh. What happened to strapping in and doing it? :-)""That's usually on my dates . . . . oh wait . . . OH we are talking of th FLYING thing . . . . oh . . . .

Guest panda234

lol, on my dates I'm the one worried about safety. Hehe, but argh, you can't spread for the crowd and me and not have someone bite your little toe...billg

Guest Knikolaes

Well at least I practice safety onmy dates as well. I always post two guards at the door. **smiles**

Guest naarala

Hi all!Have to say that I am quite disappointed to CLS A300. The exterior model is very good indeed and it flies well. But the 2D panel is clearly at freeware level, maybe even less than many freeware panels nowadays. Very few functions are implemented and e.g. autopilot is a very basic one. VC is at an acceptable level but could be much better. I would say that this product should be priced at 15 euros at maximum. I think at 22 euros it is not a cheap one. There are very nice freeware A300's (and panels) also mentioned in this thread. For example HNAC panel is much better than the CLS one.Yours,Jonne

Guest panda234

you need to get spanked.billg

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

BillG said "you need to get spanked."Don't let this thread drift too much, please. :D-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-There is evidence of a leak on right main landing gear.Mechanic- Evidence removed.

Guest naarala

Well, I just gave my opinion on this aircraft. There are some good points in it but also many really disappointing things.Jonne

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

And I thank you for sharing your opinions with us, Jonne. If you notice anything else please tell us! Thanks!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-There is evidence of a leak on right main landing gear.Mechanic- Evidence removed.

Guest panda234

good review Jonne. You're right, but it's still a good deal, I think. Maybe it's just me, but when you get that kind of support it counts for a lot. So there... :-)billg

Guest CLS_Flight_Dynamics

Hello All,Jonne, we are disappointed you are not pleased with ourproduct. Purchasers have asked us to put more informationand photos on the website to help them make an informedpurchase decision. We did.Purchasers have asked us to update the manuals.We did.Purchasers have always asked us to make an aircraft which do notgreatly exceed or match the price of the Microsoft simulatoritself. We did.Anyone who has issues with the product, has wanted help.We did, and on a personal, one-to-one level.We apologize if you are not satisfied, however, we havereceived many comments from those who are very happy, andare very pleased at our product and pricing.My training at the airlines had nothing to do with a"fully functional" FMC, only how well you can fly anaircraft. In addition, all flight planning, fuel planning,and SID/STAR patters are also all in the MSFS database.To keep the costs of development and coding from spirallingout of control we made a business decision make this planea very affordable *full* package with quality visual model,VC, custom gauges, very detailed Airbus specific FDE and soundpackage. Again, all for a very low price.I would ask that the flight simulator community look forwardto our next projects, again all complete packages, offeredat an extreme bargin price.Thank you,Warren---------------The CLS Team

I certainly welcome the addition of any FS add-on, but I guess most (including myself) are spoiled by the level of detail of a PMDG, Level-D, Dreamfleet and PSS planes, who have pushed the level of detail and the complexity for aircraft add-ons to an entire new level.Anyway, I think that CLS is doing a good job and are off to a great start. It's their first release after all.

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Thank you for the post Warren. I am still in process of waiting for funds :-lol, but I assure you that the CLS a300 will be residing on my computer within the fortnight, hopefully plenty sooner than that.The number one reason for that was price at first, but after reading responses from various customers and staff, that has fallen to a close second behind service. Maybe I've been blind, but I cannot recall such expedient, polite and thourough exchanges between customer and company. You've made a remarkable impression on me, and I'll prove it.Thanks again, and please people, if you've bought it, tell us about it!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-There is evidence of a leak on right main landing gear.Mechanic- Evidence removed.

Guest Knikolaes

Indeed. I am actually embarrassed I havent the fund to get her to place a review on my web site (which is undergoing a major cosmetic upgrade, BTW). Looking forward to hopefully getting her by Thanksgiving to try her out.I know she may not have an FMC, but I agree with the above post that I am also always welcome for a variety of AC for FS, and you get what you pay for. I see nothing wrong in an AC that is aimed at the basic simmer instead of the advanced systems fanatic. Though yes I AM a systems fanatic myself, I am always liking options.That is why I am not choosing between a certain couple of Airbuses being made right now by two different developers . . . I am getting both . . . I like options . . .