Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

New CLS A300...anyone have it yet?

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

If so, please share your impressions.I've not heard of CLS until today, but that a300 looks good, and it's only $22.75!! Not bad at all for an add-on. Anyone else very tempted to try out this aircraft?-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

It looks pretty good, but they don't have a lot of information on their website at all about the level of detail of their A300. I'd assume that they'd have a fully-functional FMC, because without you can't pretty much fly any Airbus.Any more info, anyone?

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Holy Neglected Framerates, Batman! Look at that panel!!!Thank you for the links! I'ma checkitout.-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

Guest jennifer

No FMC or VC? And the 2D panel looks like about the quality of the HNAC one and it's free (and good).

Guest jennifer

I stand corrected. There is indeed a VC and it looks pretty good too. Missed the preview shots in the forum.

Guest CWD

I'm interested to hear opinions of the CLS model myself, since while I'm not at all into airliners myself, lots of people have lamented Airbuses being underrepresented in FS compared to Boeings.

I was just about to purchase it but then read that there is no FMC. I think any good payware commercial jetliner should have a FMC. I don't care it costs me another 10 dollars for an FMC as long as there is one.

Eric Fisher  

I was interested until I saw the VC. Considering how good SSW's offering is I'll save my money. SSW's offering is the best around for Airbus...

PREPAR3D v4/FS9.75

I dunno. It doesn't say anywhere on the website, if it has an FMC or not.You cannot fly an Airbus without an FMC/MCDU, because it's the heart and soul of the entire Airbus concept (fly-by-wire) is based on it. Any Airbus without a (at least, partially-working) FMC is not realistic.

It's just too hard to find much information even in their own forums. They really need to get more screenshots out there and a more detailed list of features. Perhaps they should also post their use manual so we can see what there is. I'm going to wait a little longer. Who will take the plunge for the rest of us fence riders?

>You cannot fly an Airbus without an FMC/MCDU, because it's the>heart and soul of the entire Airbus concept (fly-by-wire) is>based on it. Any Airbus without a (at least,>partially-working) FMC is not realistic.That's absolutely incorrect. An FMC/MCDU is no more required on an Airbus fly-by-wire airplane than it is on any other airplane. Plus, the A300-600 is not even fly-by-wire.Even so, I agree that this airplane is incomplete without a working FMC.Don S.

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

First of all, this is on their forums:...No, this model does not include an FMC, but does have customgauges.Second, go [a href=http://forum.commerciallevel.com/viewtopic.php?t=57]here[/a] to see the link where you can download the manual. It's pdf. -Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

Guest panda234

ok, we've established that not all airbuses have or have not fmc's. And what else have we established? Not much. I'd suggest that we take a pause and remember that not all vendors are a la captain sim.I'm going to check this one out as soon as I get my key. Don't drool on my leg. billg