Sign in to follow this  
KPBG

Can't Reload LUA Engine with 2.8 in P3D

Hi. I just updated P3D, FSUIPC (paid version), and LINDA (new version, thanks!). However, LINDA is not working now. I mean I can see all of my assignments for the Alabeo C404 (copied my backed up folders to the modules folder as instructed in the updated directions), but I can't reload the Lua engine (usually solved any problems I had in the past). Instead, I'm getting a strange error message when I try to reload. The console give me the following message: "[E] *** LUA Error: E:\P3D\Modules\linda.lua:135: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value". Thanks in advance for any and all help.  Oh, and I'm using an MCP1 along with custom built switch panels connected via Bodnar boards.

Hi. I just updated P3D, FSUIPC (paid version), and LINDA (new version, thanks!). However, LINDA is not working now. I mean I can see all of my assignments for the Alabeo C404 (copied my backed up folders to the modules folder as instructed in the updated directions), but I can't reload the Lua engine (usually solved any problems I had in the past). Instead, I'm getting a strange error message when I try to reload. The console give me the following message: "[E] *** LUA Error: E:\P3D\Modules\linda.lua:135: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value". Thanks in advance for any and all help.  Oh, and I'm using an MCP1 along with custom built switch panels connected via Bodnar boards.

Hi, unfortunately there are a couple of issues with the MCP1 panel which I am working on with several users. I will look at LUA Error to identify the cause. In the meantime I suggest MCP1 users revert to the backups you made and use 2.7.0.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

No worries. Is there something else I can do on my end to get you more data? Also, I did revert back to version 2.7.0 and I've got my buttons working again. Please let me know if you want me to test a new version. Thanks for the quick reply and for all your efforts updating LINDA!

p.s. I brought my setup to FlightSimCon in Connecticut a couple of weeks ago and told everyone about how LINDA made it incredibly easy to set up custom panel configurations.

No worries. Is there something else I can do on my end to get you more data? Also, I did revert back to version 2.7.0 and I've got my buttons working again. Please let me know if you want me to test a new version. Thanks for the quick reply and for all your efforts updating LINDA!

p.s. I brought my setup to FlightSimCon in Connecticut a couple of weeks ago and told everyone about how LINDA made it incredibly easy to set up custom panel configurations.

Hi KPBG

Thank you for promoting LINDA at FlightSimCon and for the offer of support. Please check that you installed the new config-vri.lua file when you installed 2.8.0. This file now contains a new display reset delay value VRI["DELAY"]=xx. You should be able to reset the fault by disabling and enabling the MCP setup. This will write the correct file to disk. Then Reload LUA Engine.

Please see your PMs.

Edited by ScotFlieger
Added PM note

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks for the PM. Disabling then enabling the MCP1 did the trick. Now everything is working again. And, no issues with the MCP1. Thanks again for all your help!  p.s. I just sent along a PayPal donation (long overdue since I've been using LINDA since the early versions : )

• Upvote 1