Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Forward Panel View

Hi, I have some panels that are perfectly centered when looking forward, but some panels seem to be pointing nose down a little. Where on the panel config do I need to adjust to get the perfect centered view?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Bill,I hope someone who is more of an expert can help you out with this. But here as a sample from John L. Woodward's freeware DHC-2 Beaver aircraft.cfg file. Yes, the aircraft.cfg file! The setting you may need to play with might be in the panel.cfg file, but, there is an 'eyepoint' view parameter in the aircraft.cfg file and I think one of it's values might be what you are looking for.{Views}eyepoint=1.80, -1.25, 2.40//(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datumI'm thinking that maybe you should try playing with that third value(2.40 in this example)... 'vertical distance from reference datum'.Let me know what you discover, if anything.Hope that helps,OneTinSoldier

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi again,I just wanted to let you know that I know my way around the panel.cfg somewhat. I am by no means an expert there either though. Anyway, I have the Panels SDK installed. I looked that the doc. It's kind of vauge if you ask me. I think a lot of people have learned from looking at other people's .cfg files as some of them have some settings documented with comments such as my example from John L. Woodward's Beaver aircraft.cfg file. And from looking at the SDK and then experimenting.As far as the panel.cfg file goes here is something from the SDK...VIEW_FORWARD_DIRVIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIRVIEW_RIGHT_DIRVIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIRVIEW_REAR_DIRVIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIRVIEW_LEFT_DIRVIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIRVIEW_UP_DIRVIEW_FORWARD_UP_DIRVIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_DIRVIEW_RIGHT_UP_DIRVIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_DIRVIEW_REAR_UP_DIRVIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_DIRVIEW_LEFT_UP_DIRVIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_DIRVIEW_DOWN_DIRVIEW_AUX_00_DIRVIEW_AUX_01_DIRVIEW_AUX_02_DIRVIEW_AUX_03_DIRVIEW_AUX_04_DIRVIEW_AUX_05_DIREnables you to change the default value of the view direction for any of these views. Enter values for Pitch, Bank, and Heading. For example:18.0, 0.0, 0.0-30.0, 0.0, 0.03.0, 0.0, 0.0If your panel.cfg file has a VIEW_FORWARD_DIR parameter then perhaps you need to play with the first value defined for it.Lastly I think the real experts can be found in this section of the Avsim forums...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=122Again, let me know what you find out if anything! As I find the SDK to be an little on the vauge side and it seems expermentation is needed. I certainly have an appreciation of what it takes to develop and aircraft, a panel, or an FDE. ;)Regards,OneTinSoldier

Thanks guys, the panel that I installed are: pb737204.zip at flightsim.com by Fabrizio Beretta. I also notice that with Luis da Costa Pereira panels which are very nice looking, the flaps settings are off when using the 50North 737s. Is there a way to change the panels flaps settings or is that hardcoded?Thanks again,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest OneTinSoldier

No, that's not hardcoded. It's in the aircraft.cfg file in the {Flaps.x} section(s).

Thats weird becuase when I use a different 737-200 panel the flaps are showing the correct settings, however using the other panels the flaps are not inline with when the gauge is showing.Bill

Guest OneTinSoldier

Ahh, perhaps I kind of misunderstood your question as to just what exactly it is that's hardcoded. Yes, the gauges that are used in panels are hardcoded.Still, if you knew what to change in the {Flaps.x} sections of the aircraft.cfg file you could get the gauge on the panel to where it lines up properly. One way to find out what to change in the flaps section might be to... get the aircraft the panel was originally made to work with, open up the aircraft.cfg file for that aircraft, go down to the {Flaps.x} sections, then highlight and copy all of those flaps sections and paste them over(replace) the {Flaps.x} sections in the aircraft.cfg file you are wanting to use the panel on.Hope that helps,OneTinSoldier