Sign in to follow this  
Benoitbb

Crew size

The crew size moddeling is too big. Pilot could hardly put his head with arm and shoulder outside the sliding window. See what did Mr. Henning at the very first PMDG DC-6 annoucement as a comparison. Is it possible to correct the crew size in any further update or can you give the possibility to remove the crew like it is on NGX?

Ben.Bouilliez 

Sorry for lack of precision. The crew size is too big according of the aircraft itself.

Best regards

Ben.Bouilliez

Here's the URL of a nice HD video where the crew size according the aircraft can be checked: 

Ben.Bouilliez

Sorry for lack of precision. The crew size is too big according of the aircraft itself.

And how are you measuring this?

Kyle Rodgers

On the video, look at the size of the pilot's head according the surface of the side window. The real life pilot is smaller inside the window frame. I have pictures comparing the PMDG DC-6 pilot and the real life one but unfortunetly, I'm not allowed by AVSIM to post them in this forum.

Ben.Bouilliez

The real life pilot is smaller inside the window frame.

When you have actual, hard numbers, let us know. Eyeballing it using a few pictures and videos leaves too much room for error.

Kyle Rodgers

So,.... the PMDG crew heads are too big? :Tounge:

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

You probably right because they are doing good job. :wink:

Kyle,

I don't have any hard numbers and it is very difficult to get any. But, if you have the precise side window dimensions, you can make drawing projection of the head and translate the proportion into dimension. You then have to multiply by 7.5 times for a normal human body and 8 times for a tall guy. You will then know for your own.

May I request again for the possibility to remove the crew with a button on the situation manager?

By the way, despite all this matter, flying the DC-6B is very enjoyable and this is the most important fact.

Best regards

Ben.Bouilliez 

You then have to multiply by 7.5 times for a normal human body and 8 times for a tall guy.

That's an approximation though...

...and it also assumes that the three guys modeled on the deck are also normal...  :P

All the same. As someone who spends quite a lot of time around Douglas aircraft, and people who fly them, I'm not seeing the issue at all. It seems that this is a source of a bit of hyperfocus and false perspective.

May I request again for the possibility to remove the crew with a button on the situation manager?

Our FSX offerings have this. I'll pass it on to the team, though no promises it will get changed.

Kyle Rodgers