Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Windows 7 Administrator Account - Hidden?

I have begun to slowly reinstall my addons into Prepar3D v3.3.5 but have had an issue trying to install a freeware airport.  I was receiving a message stating that I had to be logged in as Admin in order for the installer to work.  I checked my UAC and changed the compatibility for the installer and applied to all users to no avail.  I began to think about how I was logged in and found a site explaining how to log in as the administrator.  The site explained that I had to type a command in the elevated cmd prompt, which is the following: 

net user administrator /active:yes

I then proceeded to log off and I was provided with 2 login's, one for the Administrator and one for the User "Robert."  I selected Admin and tried to install the airport but received the same error message again.  No problem, I can install it manually.  

I am wondering now if the Admin account which I accessed after typing in the command above is the one that I should have been logged into all along?  I had the PC built in January I provided instructions as to how I wanted the OS installed.  I didn't realize that the account "Robert" wasn't the only account on the PC.  I have installed Orbx and a few aircraft and have not run into any issues to date.  Can somebody please lend some insight and advise whether the setup is okay or would it be better to log into the "admin" account and install everything there?

Regards,

Robert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!