Everything posted by HUSSAR
-
Pause/Stutter In MSFS 2024
It may sometimes be the nVidia Cache. To fix MSFS stutters by deleting NVIDIA files, you need to clear both the MSFS Rolling Cache and the NVIDIA Shader Cache (DXCache & GLCache). I created a shortcut to the folder and run through the simple and quick process each time I install anything new into the sim. Hi Bert! Long time no see! Here's a useful vid that I follow if I forget how to do it:
-
Air Canada Flight 304
Beautiful livery! I have been on that flight several times over the years when visiting family. I'm going to install that livery for my next flight. Rob
-
Back to MSFS 2020. I hate this stupid GUI
I will stay away from MSFS 2024. I have only seen a few videos where there was some success in getting a flight off the ground. Longtime live streamers on YT faced controller binding issues and struggled with the GUI. Why so many changes? Do not fix what isn’t broken! I did not enter the Tech Alpha as I was away on vacation; I am glad I did not waste my time. I will keep my money in my pocket and keep enjoying MSFS 2020.
-
Fenix A320 Freezes but sim still keeps running
I think we keep forgetting how complex our setups have become. I am amazed at the ability that the software has evolved into and manages to keep everything running. Remember FSX? I was having an issue with lock-ups as well, but they have become quite random after reinstalling the USB drivers and eliminating an external dock altogether and all USB power management settings were turned off. Almost all USB ports are in use as well as two iPads that are used for emulating the FMCG and EFB, so a lot is going on with my pc. The event viewer pointed to a display issue where the GPU was overloaded, I am running a slightly older PC with an i79700K and a GTX 3080 Ti. The simconnect reference is interesting and I will have to keep that in mind the next time the sim locks up. I will be back home this weekend after three weeks away. I am really missing the Fenix busses.
-
Horizon 787-9 v1.0 released
Hi Jon, Thanks for the feedback, I was not aware that the 787 was equipped with actuators which provides the pilots the feel of the aircraft. I just read about the 787's gust suppression system so I will adjust the settings on my force feedback yoke to lessen the effects of CAT. Robert
-
Horizon 787-9 v1.0 released
I'm wondering about the FBW system in the 787 and whether there is any feedback on the yoke from the flight surfaces. Is it like an Airbus where there is no tactile feeling whatsoever? Thanks, Robert
-
Pilot2ATC on Networked Machine
Hi Dave, The CLS-E NG yoke appeared for a brief moment on the PTT Receiver app then disappeared. Is there any way to for Pilot2ATC to be programmed so that it can connect via the network to the Brunner CLS2Sim program on the simulator computer? Thanks, Robert
-
Pilot2ATC on Networked Machine
Okay, thanks Dave. I will keep working to see if I can resolve the issue. Robert
-
Pilot2ATC on Networked Machine
Hi Dave, Running X-Plane 11.55 I have had to settle on assigning the spacebar as the PTT key on the client computer for the time being because the buttons on my Brunner CLSE-E NG are not recognized by Pilot2ATC even though I followed the setup instructions. The PTT Sender recognizes the 2 buttons from my yoke when I assign them but that's it, Pilot2ATC does not see when I press the PTT button. I tested with a button on my Bravo throttle and it is recognized by Pilot2ATC so there definitely is an issue with the Brunner yoke for some reason. All apps are allowed through the firewall on both PC's. Any ideas? Thank you. Robert
-
What does Recon mean?
Do you mean on an Airbus? The word "Retard" is announced which announces the optimal time the pilot flying is to place the throttles in idle or retard, I've not heard of the word Recon being spoken. Found something and airliners dot net:
-
How can I pay?
Only way to find out is by using it. Most retailers accept prepaid cards these days. There was someone who was successful using a prepaid card in 2012: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18040#p18040
-
Very Confused
I second that, new sim install in a new PC, all I need to do is drop a copy of my saved FSUIPC.ini into the Modules (FSUIPC) folder and I am good to go. No hassle what so ever.
-
The Beauty of Orbx NA LC
Nice shot Rich, I was wondering if you were using a shader mod before I read your reply above. NA Open LC is definitely on the shopping list.
-
How do I get rain/snow on my runways?
HUSSAR replied to patrico's topic in The AS16 and ASCA | Active Sky | Active Sky Next | XPAX Support ForumHere is something interesting I found for some aircraft, it will not add water streaming in the runways but will add atmospheric effects to your aircraft: https://fsfxpackages.com/en/
-
Landing lights on clouds
Agree, that would be very cool.
-
A new traffic program
Oh this is getting interesting, now this guy is trying to sell a global ship AI Package: I think it is from one of our own members who designed it as freeware: http://www.avsim.com/topic/459116-global-ai-ship-traffic-fsx-and-p3d-news-and-support/#entry3147878 I have PM'd the member with all the information and have been in contact with the publishers. As much as I would like to post a nasty remark at his pic hosting site I think it would be best to give the publishers time to take care of things. I will send the hosting site an email and hopefully they will shut his page down. Compare our members Maersk line ship (3rd pic down) from the link above to this one, then tell me: Exactly, it's the same ship!
-
A new traffic program
I'm not sure either Rich, somehow it got through. It is not confirmed as pirated material though and I doubt we will hear anything more about it. Suffice as to say that if someone went through all the trouble of creating an AI package they would have made the extra effort to market it a little better. I am sure FSS will make an extra effort at vetting future material before it is uploaded.
-
A new traffic program
Awesome!! I got a reply from FSS yesterday, they could not provide anything from the download for me to look at citing privacy reasons. I am glad that it is gone, I detest dishonesty. Nice work picking this up Rich! I am going to email JustFlight telling them what fine people we have here at AVSIM once their site is back up and running.
-
A new traffic program
Found something at SimMarket! Look at the 3rd pic, it's from Justflight Traffic 360. http://secure.simmarket.com/justflight-traffic-360-(download).phtml http://secure.simmarket.com/images/products/5/54/6954/99432_image002.jpg It's the same as the first pic at the Flightsimstore. Going to let the JustFlight guys know the person is using their pic for marketing purposes and I'll send this info to the FSS people.
-
A new traffic program
Let's see what the reply is. I have asked for a few aircraft.cfg's and a couple of texture files, I'd like to compare them to the AI packages that I have and I might post the cfg's here if I can't find anything. It just seems like the marketing attempt by the "developer" is half baked, for one thing, one would think that more effort would be out into the artwork. All three screenshots are different in quality, not like they were taken by the "developer."
-
A new traffic program
I have sent an email to the FlightSim Store, no need for any of us to waste any money. Let's see what they say.
-
AS2016 running on a client PC issues....
HUSSAR replied to angeli662's topic in The AS16 and ASCA | Active Sky | Active Sky Next | XPAX Support ForumCould be a SimConnect issue. Have you tried starting AS16 on the client before starting the sim? If the issue persists please log a support ticket: http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit
-
AS2016 running on a client PC issues....
HUSSAR replied to angeli662's topic in The AS16 and ASCA | Active Sky | Active Sky Next | XPAX Support ForumHow long do you wait? You have to give time for the FSX:SE module to unload.
-
fs force 2 wont work properly when as16 trial is running
HUSSAR replied to warning23's topic in The AS16 and ASCA | Active Sky | Active Sky Next | XPAX Support ForumHiFi does not have any addons that overwrite control options, there is no need for that. Have you changed any control assignments in the sim menu recently? What about profiles in FS Force Profile Manager, any changes made to that? I logged into FS Force forum without a problem.
-
Well...the year deadline is approaching...and so is 2020....
Yes! I did upgrade and all things appear to be running very well. The controllers, rudder pedals, everything is working jut as it did in Win7. If it wasn't for Mitch providing the basic instructions on how to do the upgrade properly I might not have done it at all. The only issue I ran into was that I could not connect from the client to server (Prepar3D) PC. After a few searches I found the best way to resolve the issue was to delete the HomeGroup settings: Solution 1 – Delete files from PeerNetworking folder Go to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking. Delete idstore.sst and move on to Step 3. ... Go to the Network Settings and Leave the Homegroup. Repeat this for all the computers in your network. Turn off your computers. I deleted the entire contents of the PeerNetworking folder on each of the PC's and started the client. When I selected the HomeGroup I was able to create a new password which I added to the server HomeGroup when that PC was started. I found the switch to Win 10 was remarkably easy and worth it.