Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

Realair Duke Turbine prop governors

Hi chaps I'm loving the Realair Duke but on the runup checklist it mentions exercising the prop governors - could someone explain how exactly that is done in the BE60? I'm afraid I only fly fixed pitch SEP aircraft in real life and only really used to large jets and the Q400 in the sim world. Given my understanding of prop governors, I don't quite understand how they can be tested on the ground.

Cheers!

Not sure of the absolute correct answer myself, but, did you post this on the Real Air website/forum?  They are really good about answering questions.

Gues its not a forum as such but on their website they have a Support page which provides some answers and the capacity to contact the developers directly.  Worked super for me.  Not many developers that invite you to contact them directly if you need help!!  :smile: Would be interested in what you might find out if you would be kind enough to post it.

Thanks and have a good day.

R.

On the A2A GA aircraft the checklist includes cycling the prop RPM from high to low to high again three times. This cycles warm fresh oil through the governor that controls the prop rpm.