Sign in to follow this  
claypool

SimFlyers PHX and FlyTampa Boston Issues

Hi

How do I solve the flickering scenery in the middle of the airport which also has floating taxiway lights and floating cars

I've seen many posted topics about issue but never any firm solutions

Flytampa Boston issues are floating aircraft after doing a full install with password.

How do I flatten this scenery so it's usable?

Thanks

You make no mention of any other topo scenery you may be using, or how you have set your "TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL". which should be 20. PHX is a mess with regard to terrain and also needs an exclude like: "Exclude=N33 26 40,W112 02 10,N33 25 21,W111 58 55,objects".  Make sure you have no duplicate AFCADs as well. I have never had an issue with KBOS and suggest you try the FlyTampa forum for an answer.

DJ

I doubt there are any perfect solutions for KPHX, but I found setting the TMVL=19 eliminated a lot of the conflict, but it precluded the use of higher level mesh. To use the better mesh, I used ADE9x to make two flatten areas that resolved most of the conflicts with TMVL set at 21. 

Anyone is welcome to it by sending me a PM, but will probably need to edit some gate parking codes to match their AI parking preferences. Also, a few gate outlines disappeared under the slighly raised tarmac, but you can use EZ scenery to replace these if you desire.