Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

No engine sounds in C47 V3

I think I am hearing all the sounds except the engine sounds in this aircraft.  Do they have to be installed separately?

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Hello Howard,

Read the Readme File "SIM-OUTHOUSE C-47 EXPANSION PACKS" !

Johnman B)

No, they do not have to be installed separately.  There really should be no issue with sounds, since the install involves merely adding the folder to simobjects/airplanes, and all the sounds are present in subfolders of the main aircraft folder.  

Perhaps download again to make sure you got a fully correct package?  

Thanks Johnman.  I read the readme file that came with the aircraft and did not see this mentioned.  Please help me locate this file.

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Johnman is referring to something not related to this release.  The readme file in the package is all you need for this release, and the manual included in the aircraft folder, which is pretty complete.

As I said, a correctly downloaded and complete package will include all the sound subfolders and cfg files in the main aircraft folder and all sounds will work in all versions of FSX and P3D without further work to be done.  

A complete package will have a "Sound" subfolder with 48 files and "SoundAI" subfolder with a config file.  The "Panel" subfolder will also have a DGSounds subfolder with many, many files and a Checklist subfolder (also with many files) that is the source for all voice audio and cockpit switches.  The engine sounds are in the "Sounds" subfolder.  

Just to be sure, have you muted sounds (Q key)?  Cockpit sounds will play even with sounds muted, but engine sounds will not.  

Thanks.  I will try to re-download and re-install the file.

Howard