Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

DreamFleet Baron Crashs Windows - Help!

I am posting here as I have been unable to get an activation on the Dreamfleet forum.I purchased the B58 a couple of weeks ago and have flown the Sandel HSI version with no problems. Yesterday I decided to look at the K1525 version. When I loaded the aircraft, Windows crashed to the XP Blue Screen. No problem, I re-booted and tried again

Guest Ad

Lots of over-egged reviews about this aircraft and the Reality-XP Gauges but nobody mentions the Computer Hardware required by those GAUGES.Straight from the box this aircraft will crash on many systems as it did on mine.Luckily the gauge makers - Reality-XP - are a good bunch and following numerous emails I eliminated my problems by making some system changes.I'd certainly recommend talking to their support.For me the problem arose because I had no spare COM Ports in the range 1 - 9. I had plenty of COM Ports but they were being used by other applications.Creating extra COM Ports to make 4 spare ones on top of those in my system did no good. I had to shift a number of Bluetooth applications into the newly-created spare ports to ensure that Reality-XP could find 4 spare ports of its own in the limited range they require.The Blue screen ..I know how you feelI think I did a system restore to a point before I'd installed the Baron and that let me back in.As you've already had some success in running the Baron I guess that you may have had a couple of spare ports already but when you switched aircraft the new gauge couldn't find the resources it needed.As fine as the Reality-XP gauges are I feel that they should be redesigned to avoid these Hardware crises.In future I will avoid any add-on requiring similar hardware resources.

Thanks for the heads up on this situation.I was at the point of making a purchase relative to Reality-XP gauges as many posts praise these products. They certainly sound and appear to be very appealing, but I sure have no desire to go through such a scenario as you describe.I will wait to see if Reality-XP has any reply before making my purchase.We shall see what we see.Happy flying:RTH