Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

FS still showing -4 hours for Eastern time.

I just checked and even though my computer has changed correctly and I saw FS redo the scenery like it does twice a year, it still is not recognizing standard time. It is still stuck on daylight savings time? Date set to today of course. I have FS checked to use system time as well. I cannot change it from the World Time pull down menu..it stays at -4hrs. Anyone else have this problem? What gives?

Eric 

it depends on what your default flight is, if you use the default MS flight which is set in summer you will allways start with daylight savin, although this can be forcd to change by using FSrealtime, alternativly either make a default flight using non-daylight time or edit the default flight so that is starts in winter.

Disregard...just restarted FS and now it is -5 like it should be. Odd bugger.

Eric 

Guest kurtj

I have noticed that fs2004, 2002 and perhaps earlier ones seem to have this issue. The actual time change isn't until the weekend after the actual time change. So in essence Nov 5th to Nov 6th the change will happen, instead of the actual Oct 29th to 30th in real life. I hope this is fixed in fs2006. Funny thing is though when the time changes from standard to daylight savings time it worked that actual weekend. I don't know why that would be.