Sign in to follow this  
realkewl

Ecuador Quito airport in P3D missing during approach

Ok I must be going crazy. Took a flight today from Colombia to Ecuador, Quito.

Flying RealAir Legacy, with flight1 GTN 750

First thing, I noticed was that the ILS 36 would not activate. It would not come alive.

No problem, just handle fly following the GPS.

Second thing, could not find the airport...I mean it is no where to be found. GPS says I'm right over it. Paused sim, F11 to look around. No airport at all. 

Did several passes same thing. ILS would not pick up and no airport in the sim at all. Try to land in some dirt...landed and walked away, but hit a small tree...yeah some repairs are needed.

Ok, here's the really weird thing. After the crashed i re-positioned my plane to Quito...and what do you know its a big international airport...yeah. Weather was clear...

Has anybody else seen this? I'm new to P3D, but not to FSX.

Thanks,

realkewl

P3d has the old airport, suspect your navdata is new (and showing the new airport) hence the mismatch 

P3d has the old airport, suspect your navdata is new (and showing the new airport) hence the mismatch 

Yeah maybe that's the problem, because i figured out what is going on...my navdata gtn750 took me to seqm (i think that's the airport), but there was nothing there. Then I repositioned my plane to the airport in P3D. The airport in p3d is on a mountain top but flight1 GTN took me to an airport in a valley that was not there. When I zoomed out in gtn750 my airplane was setting in a field and the airport was several miles away. But I was at the airport in P3D. Wish I had a picture to show, but anyway somebody is off. 

Thanks,

realkewl