Sign in to follow this  
Freo

Eng1 Start Lever problem

Hi Guys,

Am assigning switches for my engine start levers via the custom event id SKD, and have a problem with the left start lever. Have assigned the correct Event ID (70320) with the equivalent parameters, but it refuses to operate. I can hear a click sound when i operate the switch, but the actual lever does not actuate. Have no problem with the right start lever, as it operates as it should.

Cheers.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

You referring to the fuel run/cutoff switches on the center console or the engine ignition switches on the overhead?

The fuel run/cutoff switches already have a binding available in the FMC Options keycommands menu.  Assign the commands to a key stroke.  I use FSUIPC to bind a toggle switch on my HOTAS throttle controller to the key stroke.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply, yes I am referring to the fuel run/cutoff switches, should have used the correct terminology I suppose, and I am aware of the FMC Options key-commands. Just thought that I would try and use the SKD event way of doing things. It still doesn't explain why one works and the other does not. :excl:

Cheers. 

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Wanted to edit the above reply, but there doesn't seem to be an edit option, as there are in most other forums, however, have tried the FMS Options key command, and assigned the correct key command to the left fuel run/cutoff switch, and it still doesn't actuate the lever. But, what it does do is switch the Taxi light on and off, that was the click sound, that I mentioned in my initial post, so there is obviously something wrong somewhere  :mad:

Neil Ward

Do you have advanced animations in FSX checked? In P3D, the PMDG options key commands work as expected but P3D dropped the advanced animations option and simply always has them.

You can edit a post you made within a certain time of making the post.

Dan Downs KCRP